three. accident

August 23rd, 2016

Watching the man in the kitchen pace made Ryan anxious for his next class he was currently stalling to go to. This class hadn't liked him last year and he was wondering if it would be the same this time around. The students in the next class made it hard for him to teach. Always did.

Ryan was leaning onto the table, arms folded and head rested on them. He wasn't getting up until it was that he'd be late to the class.

Meanwhile, the guy pacing hasn't stopped and it was making Ryan feel even more on edge than before.

One glance towards the clock was all it took.

Getting up he picks up his half-open canister of chicken noodle soup and starts towards the door in a quicker action. Not really running but anyone onlooking would at it was.

And that was when the pacing guy steps away from the microwave with his mac n cheese right in front of Ryan. Colliding, his soup spills and falls into the other man's falling mac n cheese.

The pair watches as they hit the ground seemingly in slow motion. As they do, Ryan leans down, several papers flying from his bag. The food gets everywhere. Splashing up onto Brendon's light blue silk button-up and Ryan's black sweater.

"Seriously?!" Brendon hears the other teacher, Ryan, exclaim. He must be late to a class. Brendon squeaks an apology as he starts to grab napkins to sop it up. "Why did you stand right in front of me when I was leaving? This could have been avoided." Brendon noticed that Ryan was hardly helping. Just complaining.

"Sorry darlin'" he repeated louder and Ryan looks up at him, brows furrowed and head cocked slightly. "Don't... call me that please." He seems to choke out before standing up —their mess wasn't even cleaned up yet— and walking away. Leaving Brendon to clean the rest alone on the ground in the Teacher's Lounge. Who was gonna help him? No one. He was the only one who didn't have a class right now. And the school was pretty small, he would know.

And he did just that. Sitting alone on the floor.

Ryan closed his thermos all the way as he rushed off to class. When he did get there he realized that he'd already had an instruction in the board to just start writing time when they get in. They were all quietly writing at their desks. He shook his head, the soggy papers in his hand dripping as he enters the classroom.

That guy back there wasn't all the bad. But his voice... the way he spoke reminded him of something. Someone he'd really rather not think of.

But he did have a pacing problem. That was for sure. He didn't have much of a name tag either. Must have forgotten to put on one this morning.

The first day and he was already messing up new teacher's silk shirts and making them feel bad. Shit. The worst part was, he didn't even know if the other man was new or not. He wasn't really paying attention and this was his first time being in this area of the school before (he used to only teach sophomores).

He wanted to apologize to that other man at some point. Ryan knew he was being a dick but he was just frustrated about the pacing and then about the food... he hoped the other man could understand.  

a/n

thanks for reading!

...more to come

also, sorry it's so short!!