Chapter 30

CHAPTER THIRTY

-----------------------

Kam's POV

Day 2 of Magcon Orlando was pretty exciting but still kind of sad. We got to hang out backstage and watch but I got really jealous of all the girls with Hayes. Over time I got used to it though.

Hayes ran back stage after the long day and picked me up. "KAM ITS OVER!"

"Yay!" I smiled as he wrapped his arms under my thighs. I wrapped my legs around him and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Guess what Kam?" he asked me. His blue eyes looked so clear.

"What?" I dropped my jaw waiting for a response.

"There is a party tonight at one of Nash's friend's house and we are invited!"

"That actually sounds really fun."

"So you want to go?"

"Well of course!" I told him. "When is it?"

"In like 2 hours. All the guys are going."

"Okay cool. I'm excited."

He lifted me off of him then we exited through the back. We got in the limo and I laid down and rested my head on his lap. I put my feet up on Nash's lap. He didn't mind. Probably because him and Laura were talking and their faces were getting really close.

I looked around and everyone was talking or checking their phones. I looked at Matt and he looked really tired to me. He licked his dry lips and smiled at me. I smiled back. He was cute, but Hayes was cuter so I turned my head towards him.

Hayes was sleeping. He was totally wiped out. No one was taking pictures of him and I was somewhat surprised. They probably didn't because of me or they were too concentrated on something else to even care. They did get a laugh in though when some of the guys started noticing it.

We arrived to the hotel and I was half awake. Cameron's head popped above mine. "Wake up sleepy heads," he said laughing.

We all got out of the limo and I made Hayes carry me to the room. He seemed pretty tired but he was the one who got to nap in the limo.

We got to our room and he pulled me off of his back and rested me on the bed.

"We have to leave in an hour. I'm going to shower and change because I feel gross," he stated. I laughed and acknowledged him.

He left to shower and I threw on some fresh clothes, squirted some perfume, and put a little bit of makeup on.

Hayes' POV

I came out of the bathroom and Kam looked great. She was wearing short shorts that came up to her belly button and a blue tank. I walked up close to her.

"Kam you look so beautiful."

Kam looked at her feet. "Thanks," she said. She walked passed me in to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and bit the side of her mouth. I stepped behind her. She quickly went out the door and returned with a small bag.

She unzipped it and started putting on the liquid makeup you put on your face. I forget what it is called. I never understood beauty and fashion with girls, just the guy basics.

"Hey, you look great. You don't need that."

She glanced at me and continued applying it. "Oh really?"

"Really. I promise." I walked up to her and turned her toward me. "And we have to leave soon. Trust me, you look great." It was the truth. Kam didn't need makeup. I didn't think any girl really needed much makeup, but I understand that it's an insecurity thing sometimes.

"Alright then. Let me at least even it out. I wont put too much more on. Okay?"

"Yep, good." I smiled at her and she gave a weak smile back. She seemed excited to go.

I was worried that something bad would happen at the party with all of the crazy guys being there. I couldn't leave her out of my sight, knowing what they might do. I just had to be careful but not too careful.

She stepped out of the bathroom and grabbed her phone. "Ugh, Cody texted me."

Cody, her ex, always texted her. Didn't he understand that she is over him. Cody honestly made her so different. He changed the real Kam into something indescribable.

She usually wouldn't text back, but she was typing away at her keyboard. I could hear the clicking sound. I wasn't sure if she was texting him or not but I hoped that she would avoid him.

We walked downstairs and met Laura and Nash. We took a cab to the party. We got there and I helped Kam get out. I held her hand and we walked in.

As soon as we walked in there was music and yelling and laughing and the sounds of a pool splashing and video game noises. It was absolute mayhem. People were everywhere! I noticed some YouTubers and Viners.

Jack Johnson walked by. "Hey guys! Good to see you here!"

"You too!" yelled Kam, smiling. I bobbed my head and we followed Nash and Laura to the kitchen.

We were introduced to some, somewhat drunken, friends of Nash's. I had a feeling him and Laura would get high or drunk. I was scared that they would mess up and do something stupid but I let it go. I couldn't tell anyone if something happened because I didn't want to be a snitch or anything.

Kam and I left them and walked to backyard where there was a giant pool. We sat on one of the lawn chairs and watched the sun slowly set. The people in the pool were splashing around and tackling each other. It looked really fun. I laughed and looked at Kam. She looked passed me.

"Kam, what's wrong?"

He eyes suddenly met mine,"Oh nothing. I'm tired."

"Yeah, same." I sat next to her on the chair and she rested her head on my shoulder.

Jack Gilinsky sat down in the chair next to us. He was fumbling with an empty red SOLO cup in his hand.

"Hey guys were are going to watch This is the End on the projector in a little so save your cuddling for then," he said.

"Haha, what are you up to?" I asked. I didn't want it to be awkward.

"Well, I feel really great right now," he was somewhat drunk but not slurring,"I just don't know what to do! You either play Xbox or go in the pool or talk in the kitchen but I want to play some party games or go do some crazy shit. This party kind of sucks."

Being a 13 year old, I knew the basics about parties. When I went to parties with other 13 and 14 year olds, it was like your basic eat pizza and watch movies party. It wasn't your get wasted and play beer pong kind of party, so I was cool with how the party was going so far.

"What was in that cup?" asked Kam. I tried to wave her off but-

"Oh, you know, a special mix."

Matthew walked up and sat next to Jack. "Hey bros."

Everyone said hey.