The Worst Day Of My Life

Isabelle

We woke up not speaking to each other.

What a great way to start your marriage.

The hairdresser showed up about twenty minutes after I stumbled out of bed.

She shoved me into the shower and then pulled and plucked all my hair around. The result was a curly top knot bun with a lace white veil.

I had not even got to see or pick out my veil or dress. Luckily, whoever picked it had great taste because they were beautiful.

I stood in front of the full-length mirror that was brought into our room. The dress was a sweetheart neckline ball gown with lace and beading down the bodice. It clung to my cleavage and waist. The shoes were lace flats with white bows on the top. I looked amazing.

These stylists really know what they are doing.

Damien brought in the stylists, after learning that his dad had hired the newspaper to do a story on us. There was a knock and Amelia came into the room wearing a light lavender dress, holding a bouquet of flowers. She gawked at me with her mouth agape.

"You look beautiful! My daddy is going to love it." She smiled and hugged my legs and lower waist. She had been upset this morning. She said it was because she was starting first grade, but I wondered if it was because we were getting married today.

We opened the bedroom door and started down the stairs to the back yard.

When we reached the stain glass French doors, they opened and the classical song he had been listening to a few days ago started playing. It filled the garden with such a romantic feeling and sound. I looked down the aisle to my sad future to see a very handsome man staring back at me.

His face was shocked, and he could not look away. I walked down to him and he clasped my hands in his, so delicately. I almost forgot that I hated him. His tux was a shiny black, almost as black as the night. The crisp autumn weather made me shiver, or perhaps it was the thought that flashed through my mind.

I was starting to think maybe this could work out when he snapped at one of his men for not bringing the ring fast enough.

Maybe this will not work out.

That temper just is not something I have time to deal with.

I looked out into the crowd for the briefest moment, seeing Amelia and his father staring so proudly at us I started to feel sick to my stomach. He tugged on my hands and mouthed to me, "Look at me, not them." There was not anger in his face, but a hint of worriedness.

"You may now kiss your bride!" Yelled the preacher.

Damien looked at me with an eyebrow raised and I rolled my eyes nodding. When I looked at him again his face was smiling but his eyes were furious.

Yikes! I rolled my eyes!

He leaned in and dipped me giving me a big smooch on the lips, smacking my ass on the way back up. He whispered in my ear as he pulled away.

"You're going to pay for that later." He sneered.

The reception went on amazingly fast. The cake was cut and smashed in both our faces. The bouquet was tossed, and garter was caught. By the end of the afternoon, I was completely exhausted. Amelia went home with her grandfather for a couple days so we could have a "honeymoon." I was not looking forward to when everyone would leave, but eventually it happened, and it was just us two.

"So, did you have fun?" He asked, grabbing my hand and bringing me up to our room. I walked in before him and turned to answer when he put his hand over my mouth.