Chapter 5- Dear Sky...

Skylar

I feel my body bob up and down, as if someone was carrying me. I wanted to see who it was, but my eyelids were tired.

My whole body was tired and aching.

That's when I remembered everything. About apologizing to Gian and my encounter with Jake.

Wait.... What if Jake's the one carrying me? Where does he plan on taking me?

That thought​ woke me up, and slowly, I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry, colors all mixed together, but red was the major color that I can see. And just in time my sense of smell kicked in.

The smell of rotten iron filled the air.

I began to panic in my state. Is that blood? Of course it is! My logical self said, frustrated. If I could, I would have slapped​ myself right now. What happened? Is Jake dead? Are the three of them dead?! No, that can't be, right? They're just wounded.

I hope so. I really hope so.

But then again, the smell wasn't helping me at all. If that's so, then...

Who the hell is this guy?

Realization slapped me on the head. There could be only one logical answer... Regaining a little amount of strength, I tried to speak only to groan.

"Shh... It's alright now. You're safe. They won't bother you anymore. Oh wait, they can't." The voice chuckled, planting a kiss on my forehead.

His voice. Have I heard that voice  somewhere? Who was it?

I can feel his lips brushing in my ears as he whispered. "Because they're already dead."

I woke up, gasping for air. I felt something jump beside me with a squeak. "Jesus! Sky don't scare me like that!"

I looked at Colton, his blue eyes were wide but tired and his blonde hair was sticking up in different directions.

I looked down on my hands and mumbled a reply, "Sorry, I just woke up from a nightmare."

A nightmare that I can't remember. But I feel as if I need to remember. Like it was really important.

Colton soon relax, and slid his hand on mine. He stood up and sat on the bed. "It's okay, Sky. I'm just glad you woke up." He raised his arms and held me on the shoulders. "And now that you're awake. Can you tell me what happened? You look like you've got ran over a truck."

I raised my brow, he doesn't know. "You mean you didn't set the trap for Jake?"

"What trap? Can you please start from the top? I'm kind of at loss here." He replied, waiting​ for me to explain.

And so I did.

I explained from the time I bumped with Gian to the time Jake and his friends attempted a sexual assault on me, as I went on about how I felt about the situation, my eyes can't help but shed some tears.

It was too painful​ to recall.

Colton sighed, cupping my face on his hands. Our eyes were aligned, I continued to cry and he waited for me to calm down. Sobbing, he used his thumb to wipe my tears and gave me a sad smile.

"At least you're​ safe now. They won't bother you anymore." He whispered, sliding his arms around my waist and pulled me into a hug.

I gladly accepted the embrace, and return the gesture by hugging him back. Both of us didn't move for awhile, appreciating the comfortable silence he and I share. But something got me thinking...