Chapter 2 : New Student

The flesh melting sensation begins to subside and again, I am running. This time I my feet are gliding over the soft forest floor. I feel as though I'm flying along with the birds above. A smile comes to my face as the clearing comes to view and I pick up speed. There he is, waiting like always. I smile across to the gentle wolf I've began to think of as a friend. Tonight seems different though. He crosses the lake and sits beside me this time. We sit in peaceful silence until he suddenly lays his head on my lap. I don't feel scared, but curious. I look down at him and find his yellow eyes glance up at me as if to reassure me all was fine. I open my mouth to say something when the usual echoing howl reaches us. He reluctantly comes to his feet and licks my hand before returning to the path he follows home.

I woke up and reached for my phone. 8:56. I was going to be late. Mom had taken the boys to school early today because she had a meeting at 7:30 to discuss the upcoming months menu. I hurriedly got dressed in my black shorts and hoodie tank top, slipped on the combat boots and sped off towards the school. I had made it  just in time to miss math. I flung my backpack over my shoulder and walked to the principal's office for a late slip.

"Man mom is going to kick my -" Bam! Face first into a stranger again. I began picking up the textbooks and papers I had knocked over and apologized.

" I'm really sorry!" I looked up and found myself face to face with the boy from a few days ago.

" So I take it you do this often?" He asked laughing as he took the books from me.

"Uh, sorry," I gave a cheesy smile and noticed the schedule in his hand. "Oh, are you starting here?" 

"Yeah, Hey can you help me find these classes? "

" Yeah, no problem." I was taken back to see our schedules were identical. "Huh...I guess your going to be in all my classes."

"Mind if I stick with you today then?"

I shook my head and loosened the spell this honey eyes were trying to cast as I led the way Goldhammer's class.

"Oh I'm Nevaeh by the way."

"Seth."

I started to remember the dream again, and what Diana's book said about it.

"Let's see here...water...To see water symbolizes your emotional state of mind Its also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To see a wolf in your dream symbolizes survival, beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social circumstances and blend into any situation with ease and grace. You are also a loner by choice. Negatively, the wolf represents hostility, aggression, or sneakiness. It may reflect an uncontrollable situation or an all-consuming force in your life. This could point to an obsession, an addiction or something that is beyond your control. To hear a wolf howling represents a cry for help from someone in your waking life. To dream that you are in or walking through the forest signifies a transitional phase. Follow  your instincts. Alternatively, it indicates that you want to escape to a simpler way of life. You are feeling weighed down by the demands of your life. To see the moon in your dream represents some hidden, mysterious aspect of yourself. It is often associated with the feminine mystique and intuition. Alternatively, the moon signifies your changing moods. To see the crescent moon in your dream indicates cyclic changes, renewal, and movement. You are progressing smoothly toward your life path. A full moon signifies completion and wholeness, while a new moon symbolizes new begining. To dream of the moonlight symbolizes an emotional breakthrough. The dream is offering you reassurance that you are headed on the right track in your dark times." 

It seemed a bit strange that every night the dream was the same, all except for the moon, and last nights dream. Last night it was a new moon. I thought of this as we finally reached the door and realized I still hadn't gotten a late note.

"Well, look who decided to come in today. And who is this?" Ms.Goldhammer asked noticing Seth behind me. 

"My name is Seth Wolfe, today is my first day." He handed over the schedule and waited as she looked over it.

"Well since we are doing group work right now I will add you to a team," She started looking around when he intervened. 

"If it's okay I'd like to be in Nevaeh's team, since we know each other a little more and she's in all my classes..." 

I felt envious eyes burning into my flesh. Diana and Elizabeth just gave me curious glances with large mocking grins as we sat down with them. Gabe was apparently absent today. We only had about 20 minutes left so for the most part we just sat there, watching girl after girl come over asking Seth to introduce himself. He seemed to be getting irritated. It was kind of entertaining, Diana, Elizabeth and I sat back snickering at them. I couldn't blame them though, he was movie star cute. As if reading my thoughts, he turned and sighed before smiling at me. Damn those eyes. I found myself swimming in the warm honey pools before I heard giggiling beside me. This was going to be a long day...