Chapter 3: Through His Eyes

~Seth's POV~

I turned away from the girls and  a sigh escaped my lips, When I opened my eyes I noticed a different pair of eyes on me, and I couldn't help but smile back at the forest green circles that seemed to swallow me up. Giggling filled my ears, bringing me back to the surface. The bell rang and the teacher dismissed us after reminded everyone the project was due on Friday. I have two days to reread 'The Black Cat'.  I looked at the class list in my hand and skimmed it for the remainder of my day. Nevaeh must have noticed.

"Next is Biology, then International Cuisine is before lunch, and then we have history and PE is last."

Sure enough, that's how the schedule listed it. I started  to say thanks when the girl with glasses pulled her away and the shorter girl pushed me forward to follow them. I guess I'm in.

"I'm Diana," the shorter girl said waving.

"And I'm Elizabeth," said the girl with glasses.

"Sorry, I would have introduced myself in class but all those girls wouldn't leave me alone..."

"It's okay, you were being visually undressed and molested by everyone, I understand."

I laughed a bit before nodding, "Yeah, I guess I was." I like Diana. That train of thought was interrupted by the blaring of 'This is Halloween.' We all turned to the source, Nevaeh, who scratched the back of her head as she answered it and walked off a short way.

"Probably her dad, I think he's in Washington this time." Diana stated grabbing a drink from the vending machine.

I was curious but it wasn't my place to ask so I left it alone. Break was signaled over and Diana offered to take me to Bio with her since we had the same class. I guess Nevaeh was going to be a little longer. We wondered into the class and I saw some girls whispering. Whats worse was hearing what they were whispering...

"Okay Mr. Wolfe please take a seat in an empty desk and prepare to take notes."

"Yes, Sir." I followed Diana who pointed to a seat behind her and sat down. Movie day, lucky me. We just started a documentary when Nevaeh walked in and took her seat beside me. I caught myself looking at her more often then not, she seemed to be daydreaming and doodling on her notebook.

"Nevi, do you have any more lead?" Diana whispered back to us. Nevi, huh? That's a pretty cute nickname. She didn't seem to notice Diana's attempts though.

"Nevaeh?"  I was a bit closer so it was a little easier for me to get her attention. Bingo! She turned to me caught me off guard with her gaze. "Diana needs lead." She reached in her pocket and pulled out a small container of lead and handed it to her before going back to her drawing. Her black hair fell in front of her face and I watched as she pushed it back a bit. She looks over and her lip bitten smiles causing my own lips to turn upright. My mind began to drift more serious matters involving my family and before I knew it, the bell had rung and it was time for cooking class.