Escape

I knew I had to think fast, I couldn't let this girl, Kay Baker I believe, go unconscious in my arms now, not now. I knew the Lone Traveller's plan, and I had already gotten so caught up in it, but now, it was my time to leave, along with this girl.

~*~

It was a miracle that I'd gotten out, but it was a dangerous choice to have done that. I had gotten Kay to another person, my best friend, Brady Wheeler.

"What happened Javier?" Brady asked me.

"Oh, remember the Lone Traveller? Yeah, that happened," I explained as I carried Kay into the room and lay her on the bed.

I saw Brady's eyes widen, he was the only person I'd told about the Lone Traveller, and he was always afraid, afraid that he'd be next, and for those affected by him.

"Wait... you escaped him?" He questioned.

"Just barely," Javier said as he glanced over at Kay.

Brady immediately got to helping Kay, wrapping bandages around her arm, and making sure everything was okay. I watched as Kay's chest rose and fell, at least I knew she wasn't dead. I watched as Brady sat down in a chair and watched me, wondering what just happened.

"She'll be fine right?" I asked him as I sat in a chair beside him.

"She should be, you can go about, or rest, I'll keep watch," He said as he stood up and shooed me away.

I decided I'd be better off going anyways, so I did.

~*~

"Where..... am I?" I heard a voice say beside me.

I stood up from the chair to look at Kay, she was finally awake. I walked over to her and watched as she got up and looked at me.

"Who are you?" She asked as she winced.

"Brady Wheeler. Friend of Javier Jacobs." I replied as I took her arm and set it up instead of her pressuring it.

"What happened?" She asked me.

That's when I realized, she hadn't known either of our names or anything that had happened to her.

"Do you remember the Lone Traveller?" I asked as I got her to stand.

"Yes, I do." She said as she touched the bandages around her arm.

I watched as she wiped the hair away from her face and looked at me as if I should know all the answers, but I didn't, how could I? I was just the friend of the person who is really caught up in this stuff.

I didn't have the answers, but I couldn't get Javier, he was still resting, and I was busy with Kay. I watched as she took a few steps and looked around the room, she wasn't in my room, but she was in a guest room, and lucky for me, I was the only one home, for the weekend anyways, or else my parents would've freaked out.

"You know what, just... wait. Rest." I said as I walked out the room.

I walked down the hallway, thinking about her, I couldn't help but feel a connection, but before I could go farther into my thinking. I heard a shrill scream.