Chapter 1: The Big Jump

What does every student like about school field trips?

Was it the adventure, knowledge, or the fact that students can get away from their school-obsessed parents?

If you think about it, thirty percent of kids prefer adventure, fifteen percent prefer knowledge, ten percent prefers freedom, and forty-five percent prefer avoiding homework.

To me, it was getting close to my boyfriend, Benjamin Hamilton.

Drenched in the drizzling rain, Ben's dark brown hair sparkled like his green eyes. He had a pale complexion, with freckles, a sleek nose, and light rosy lips.

His dark rain jacket fits him perfectly, as well as long jeans, and black sneakers.

All the girls thought he looked like the biological brother of Robert Pattinson, while most kids think of him as a creepy, seventeen year old British boy, with no intentions of communicating people.

Sure, he was creepy when I first lay my eyes on him, but when you get to know Ben, he had a rough past:

His parents died in a car accident when he was ten, suffered abuse from foster homes, and was arrested when he just turned fourteen.

Ben explains that he shoved his foster father down the stairs, in order to protect his younger brother Seth.

However, a friend of his family helped him escape juvie, but later paid the price.

Since then, Ben lived under the name, Luke, for almost three years.

So far, Seth and myself knew his name, but we both decided to keep it a secret from the public.

"Are you ready?" Ben ask for the umpteenth time.

I grinned in an excited way, but not because of the field trip.

While most people's voice sound annoying or melodramatic, Ben's American voice sound pleasant, almost as if he rehearsed his words over and over again.

The bus had just arrived to its destination.

It's when the kids poured out of the enormous, yellow vehicle, taking their conversations at the black top.

His elusive smile never wavered as I take him by the hand and lead him out of the cramp area.

The insides of the bus smelled like gasoline and rubbing alcohol.

Worn red seats came on either side of the bus, making it hard for us to navigate.

I look to my right as I saw the elderly bus driver, sleeping peacefully in his chair.

He wore a red flannel shirt, light blue jeans, and olive brown boots.

As his white hair is unkept, like flames, his dirty hands clutch onto a Playboy magazine.

"Cole, let's go." Ben urged.

"Let's worry about him later."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sherlock," I huffed. "I'm right by your heels."

"Alright, Miss Marple." I hear him chuckle as he descended down the steps.

I roll my eyes at him again, but didn't retort.

We walked out of the bus, feeling refreshed from the ride.

It's a good thing I brought my blue rain jacket, because Los Angeles always drizzles in October.

My jeans and black rain boots are soaked in a water-like substance.