Epilogue

Cody groaned as he dropped the last of our bags by the door. I plopped myself on our new couch in the living room of our new house. I stared straight up at the tall ceiling with an arm and leg hanging over the couch. "Don't leave the bags there. I don't want Alex to trip over them when she gets home," I said as I covered my eyes with my other arm.

"I'll put them away in a minute," Cody said before he crawled above me and snuggled against my side. "But first, I just want to be with my wife for a few more minutes," he mumbled, his warm breath fanning against my skin before he buried his face at the crook of my neck.

I giggled as my hand slid into his soft brown hair. "You just spent three weeks in Atlantis with your wife. Aren't you tired of her already?" I teased.

"Nope," he peppered my neck with small wet kisses. "Three weeks was not enough for a honeymoon, Princess." I looked down at him and smiled as my mind went back to the last couple of months since I left the hospital.

After I got discharged, Cody stayed with Alex and I. He never once left my side. He helped change the gauze on my face, took me to all my follow-up appointments, and helped me stay on top of my assignments I needed to finish while I was excused from school.

Sadly, I couldn't go with Cody to the Teen Wolf series wrap party in LA. Even though I wasn't covering up my face at the time, I was still in the process of healing. I didn't want people taking pictures of me. Cody understood and I suggested he take Alex to kind of show off his new publicist. It worked. Not only did Alex have a blast, but it also brought in some new clients.

Since Cody had a bit more free time, he moved in with Alex and me in Austin. He'd only fly out to LA if he had auditions, meetings, or appearances and events he had to attend. Even though he loves acting, he decided to pursue a career in rapping as well. He asked Jake for advice, started working with a couple of producers and went to a recording studio in Austin. I loved seeing him so passionate about his new music. He's worked so hard, and I'm so proud of him.

After my face finally healed and I no longer had stitches, I traveled to LA with Cody on the weekends. I moved into his and Jake's house, and instead of living in the guest bedroom, I moved into Cody's bedroom. The boys had surprised me by converting my old bedroom into a study room for me.

Our parents and friends weren't surprised we got back together so soon, and they were thrilled to find out we were engaged. They couldn't be happier for us, and were quick to start planning our wedding. Of course, Cody and I immediately ruled out Vegas as an option.

It didn't take long for the media to start rumors about Cody and I since we left the hospital together with my wedding ring on my finger. Instead of having to feel the need to address the rumors, we decided against it. Alex respected and understood why we wanted to keep our personal lives private. She didn't give us a hard time about it. She knew no matter how hard we would try to fix the rumors or release a statement, the media would spin it out of context since everyone is quick to assume the worst.

Cody and I decided we didn't want a long engagement. We had already been through so much together in the past few months. It brought us closer together and made our love and relationship stronger. We both knew what we wanted and loved each other unconditionally. What was the point in waiting?

Before we got married, we called that realtor Lisa set us up with and asked her if the last house we saw was still available. Unfortunately, it was off the market. Instead, she found us a beautiful two-story house just outside of downtown Austin and close to campus. It was perfect for the three of us.

Even though Alex graduated in December, we asked her if she would like to move in with us. It was actually Cody's idea and I didn't object to it. Cody knew we were a package deal. He didn't want me home alone whenever he had to be in LA. He wanted Alex to live with us so we'd be together.