Chapter Two

I just had wanted to be with him.

What was so wrong with that?

Why did my heart have to hurt so much?

I felt his hand graze my cheek.

I heard my heart flutter.

Butterflies forming in the pit of my stomach.

Feelings I had only had for KaSuo.

"Why won't you listen to me? Why do you deny me? Why do you still pester my brother with your feelings of love and adoration? Is it so hard for you to accept my love?"

It wasn't hard. Ever since KaSuo's 130th name day - the first time I had ever laid my eyes on the Ice Prince I knew it was my duty and destiny to marry KaSuo. It was the only path a mermaid princess could take. I knew that KaSuo would be the next ice king.

But I didn't let my heart see what was really happening in front of me. I saw it with my very own eyes, but my heart wouldn't even try to accept that KaSuo's heart belonged to another. The the women I had stabbed with the Spirit Devouring Sword.

"You deny me at every turn. I even promised you that you could be queen, but still you deny me. What will it take for you to love me?"

Ying Kong Shi - never had I'd known the love of the younger ice prince. But when his lips were upon my own I couldn't deny or know even how my feelings had changed.

"I've proved my love, my worth. "

"You..."

The Ice King pulled me into his embrace. Lifting my chin up with one finger.

"Your Majesty!" His gaze left my own as Kingdom Guardians and Ice Clan guards walked into PhantomSky. 

Quickly identifying the situation and taking in the blood that had been left of the floor.

The previous ice king - with a determined step walked in, "Lan Shang, you are to be questioned and confined for the injury of the crowned princess Lei Luo. " 

The Ice King arms fell limp to his side. I saw him - he didn't speak or do anything warranting that he so much as cared for me. I knew I'd reached my limit. The limit of which Ying Kong Shi would change his mind.

I had been a fool. And I should have known my blindness would cost me.