Chapter Three

I stumbled over my own two feet when I had been lead to an ice holding cell that was placed on the other end of the Ice Palace. Completely secluded. And away from prying eyes.

I knew I had cried enough. But the pain along with the sadness wouldn't ever go away.

My heart longed for the endless sea. For Holy Mermaid. And the sea creatures who were my dear friends.

I knew I would never be able to return to home. The traumatic event,  I thought as a night of passion with my beloved ice prince had been a night of pure disaster with a fire Prince.

He had stolen her tear stone. The one object a mermaid held secure - the one and only  object that would let a mermaid return to the endless sea.

"I'm so sorry, Holy Mermaid!" I shouted aloud knowing no one was there on the other side to hear or respond to me. "I'm sorry I acted in a rash manner. I wasn't thinking. I just wanted my feelings to reach KaSuo. "

I knew that Ying Kong Shi wouldn't come to my aid. I knew that KaSuo wouldn't be coming to my aid either after what I'd done to Li Luo.

"You weren't thinking. "

My head shot up.

"My interest in you Princess has been rather dull. " A black fog creeped from the crevices of the iced cell. A haunting voice trapped within. "Although recent actions say otherwise. "

"Who are you and what do you want?"

The black fog laughed as it left leaving the princess mermaid to wonder alone. 

.
.
.

I was lead to the Ice Palace and into the main hall. I see KaSuo his head downcast to the floor - I watch as the former Ice King and Queen stand, I pass Holy Mermaid her face stern and devoid of any warmth she had once been graced. And last she stood before the newly crowned Ice King.

Why do you turn away from me? Why do you still insist on marrying my brother?!

Ying Kong Shi was in her head. And she couldn't help but notice Ying Kong Shi didn't look at her the way he did before.

"Your Majesty, before you set out a sentence. I want to say how truly sorry I am. I never meant for any of this to happen. " I say, holding nothing back pure honesty laced her words.

"Instead of accepting how events have turned out you instead gave yourself to your inner anger. Betraying not just yourself but the very clan that has raised you. "

"Your Majesty. " Holy Mermaid intercedes - interrupting the new Ice King. "If I may, I would be willing to receive any punishment for Lan Shang's wrong doings. " 

"Your Majesty. "Prince KaSuo interjects, "I ask please don't give Lan Shang any punishment. "

"Brother, I hear your words. And I never want to see you with such sadness which Lan Shang has dealt. And in doing so I will proclaim that Princess Lan Shang will marry me and in doing so will learn humility. "

The Ice hall erupted with hushed whispers and shocked gasps. I could only conceal my features and think that I had gotten off easy.