II.

faceclaim for skylar: anna popplewell

---

The next day, I woke up on a couch with a wool blanked wrapped snuggly around me. I groggily rubbed my eyes against the harsh sun that hit me like a truck and the realization of the headache that was pounding in my head. I groaned and sat up slowly, blinking rapidly. On the coffee table in front of me there's some advil and a large glass of water. I gratefully took it and downed the glass quickly.

"Hey, you're up," A cheery voice called, causing me to jolt. I turned to see a male body just entering through the hallway, leaning against the wall. I then realized I had met him last night.

"Hey, uh...Jason," I finally remembered his name. I was quite surprised I even thought it up. "What even happened last night?" My voice sounded scratchy and hoarse, causing my eyes to widen.

"Well, after what happened..." He trailed off, and I knew exactly what he was referring to. I nodded to signal it was okay for him to proceed. "You came out of the room and Scotty eased you and settled you down. You had a beer, and after that the alcohol just kept pooling in, I guess," He chuckled softly, but not in a mocking way.

"Oh, that explains the headache," I sighed, resting my cheek in the palm of my hand that was propped on my knee.

"Yeah, I figured you'd be a bit disjointed," He smiled softly and nodded to the coffee table that was now empty...other than the junk covering it.

"Oh, thanks for that," A few seconds went by and then I finally spoke. "Where's Scott?"

"Oh, right," His eyes widened and he pushed himself off the wall to get a cup of coffee. "He and Todd went out to get some food."

"Ah," I nodded and looked down, and then my mind finally snapped into place. It was almost like the puzzles pieced together. "Wait, why are you here?" I asked, sounding very concerned. He was acting like this was his place.

"Oh, didn't Scott tell you? I live here, too," His eyebrows raised and he took a sip of his coffee. Oh, so maybe he did live here.

"No, seems he forgot to mention that," I scoffed, then slowly stood up. I was pleased to see I was still fully clothed in my outfit from last night.

"I'm going to go shower," I declared, not quite sure why I was explaining myself to Jason. And then I realized I had no idea where anything was. "Um, where is the shower?"

Jason was nice enough to show me around the house, where the towels were and extra stuff like that. I thanked him and took a long half hour shower, shaving everywhere and taking my time (I never shave).

One thing had been bugging me since I woke up and most of last night; did Kristen hate me?

I dried off my hair with a towel, pulling on a graphic t shirt and some black jeans. When I came out in the living room Jason was still the only one around. He was sat at the counter editing one of his videos. I had found out he was a YouTuber through Scotty at some point last night. Again, not sure how I remember.

"Can I ask you something?" I speak hesitantly and sit down at the end of the counter across from Jason. Hopefully this isn't a long conversation. I wanted to find Scott and talk to him.

"Sure," Jason turned from his screen and focused on me.

"Does Kristen hate me?"

"What? No!" His eyes bugged and his jaw slacked. Then his eyes filled with realization and he sat back, more relaxed. "See, the thing is, Scott talks about you all the time."

"Yeah, but I'm his sister, not some skank ass girl trying to hit on him."

"Deep down, I'm sure Kristen knows that. She's pretty self conscious. Maybe you should just talk to her directly," Jason shrugs and I nodded in agreement. Just then, the front door open and in walked Scotty, Todd, Dave, Liza, and Kristen. We all greeted each other. Before a conversation could start, I grabbed Scott's arm and dragged him to another room.

I shut the door behind me and turned to him. "How could you do that to me?"

"Do what?" Scott asked in confusion. Maybe he really didn't know.

"I was humiliated last night and you were so drunk you didn't even notice. I basically had a panic attack." Tears brimmed my eyelids, my face turning red.

"Sky, I'm really, really sorry. If I had known..." Scott's eyes turned sympathetic and I turned away.

"Whatever. You didn't. That's the point," I left the room and went down the hallway towards the room I was staying in. Before I got there another body bumped into me, startling me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I looked up to see Liza. Well, I didn't really look up. We were about the same height.

"Uh, it's okay."

"Are you okay?" She asked, her eyes filled with concern. And that's when I let it all out again. The tears rolled and the sobs shook my body. Liza gently grabbed my arm and lead me to the room, sitting me down. And that's when I spilled everything to her.

+++

Jason:

I saw her crying, and it hurt to watch. Someone so young, so vulnerable. How could someone like that have so much baggage? Scott told me most about her past. I knew she had anxiety and depression, it's just hard to witness it first hand.

And it hurt. I wanted to help. I wanted to know her.

It was my mission.