Chapter Four

It was real late and all the boys were asleep, that I know of. I opened my bed room door and looked out into the hall. I looked over to Niall's door and noticed there were no lights on. I slowly crept out and into the hall. I tiptoe'd down the hall and saw stairs that lead up to the next level.

My curiosity got the best of me and I started going up them. When I got too the top it was like another house, a kitchen, Living room, hallway, and bed rooms.

I looked around to make sure no one saw me go in. I went over to the living room and sat on the sofa. There was some dust here and there, but other than that it was clean.

I grabbed the remote and turned on the telly. I made sure the volume was turned down to like 5 because I know vampires have really good hearing and I'm not trying to wake anyone up.

I switched through a couple of channels until I found one I liked, Adventure Time. My favorite character was Jake, he always mad me laugh and he reminded me of my dad in a way. I loved my dad but sadly, I lost him in the war, when vampires first tried to take over but didn't because we were prepared. But the second time they took us by surprise and there was nothing we could do.

"Enjoying yourself" a voice said causing me to jump and almost fall out of my seat. I quickly looked over and saw Zayn standing by the hallway. "I couldn't sleep and I saw there was a telly." I quickly said feeling horrible I woke him up. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" I apologized.

He smirked and sat next to me, "you didn't, I knew you were still up and didn't want to sleep until I knew you were" I felt flattered and quickly put my head down to hide my blush. "Thank you" I said meaning it.

"Do you mind if I watch it with you" He asked and I shook my head, "not at All" I smiled and he smiled back.

About 3 episodes later I cracked the question. "Who was the other girl that was here before me"? He made a face and snapped his head in my direction. "Who told you that" he growled. "No one did-" before I finished he cut me off. "Don't you dare lie to me, here I am trying to be nice and then you have to go and push you're boundaries." his voice got louder and he slowly stood himself up, hovering over me.

"I'm sorry, I just may be thought if you wanted to talk about it, I could get to know you some more" I said trying to avoid telling him it was Niall. "I didn't ask if you wanted to get to know me more, I asked who told you about Veronica" he said. I sighed and looked down at my feet. I mumbled Niall and before I knew it Zayn vanished into thin air.

I shot up and ran down stairs, toward Niall's room. "Who gave you the right to open your mouth and tell her about Veronica" he practically screamed. I hid behind the corner and listened carefully. "I didn't tell her the story, all I did was mention how Ariana is taking this so calmly and she asked if it was a good thing so I told her the last girl that lived here was a vermin. And you know what she said? Huh, she said she could never even think about being mad at you because she doesn't have a reason to." when he finished there were no voices or noises. I stood there waiting for someone to yell or hear glass breaking but I heard nothing. To be honest Zayn is nothing like what people say, he's actually really calm and nice. But like Niall said he's sensitive so I have to be careful and watch what I say.

I heard footsteps and ran back upstairs and sat back onto the couch. I acted like I went back to watching the telly and Zayn sat back down next to me. "I'm sorry" he said putting the telly on mute and sitting facing me. I faced him and told him it was okay.

"No it's not, I got mad because I assumed something that wasn't even true. You did nothing wrong, but I'd rather not tell you yet." he said calmly and I nodded my head.

"You know I'm not mad at you" he said interrupting my thoughts. I looked into his eyes and they looked normal, as if he wasn't even a vampire. A thought crossed my mind but I decided to push it aside.

"I know, but I should have minded my own business" I said truthfully but he shook his head.

"No I can't blame you for being curious. I was just finding a reason to be a jerk" he said setting his hand on mine.

I felt tingles shoot up my arm as soon as his hand touched mine. The thing was, I was expecting his hands to be ice cold, but instead they were warm.

He watched as I stared at our hands and a small smile appeared on His face. The first time I've ever seen him smile, a true smile.