Chapter 4~'Friends'

Chapter 4---'Friends'
*Sofie's P.O.V.*

I slowly lifted an eyelid and saw light streaming in through the window. The events from last night started coming back to me, and I smiled at the thought of them. The kiss. The pool. The movie. Shawn. Speaking of Shawn, where was he? I rolled over to see Shawn sleeping next to me with his arm under my head. I don't exactly remember falling asleep like this, but oh well. I laid one of my hands on his bare chest and stared at him, taking in every detail of his face. He must have felt someone's eyes on him because he opened his eyes, and the first thing he saw, was my eyes. I smiled at him, and he smiled at me, neither of us bothering to look away.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." He said in a sexy, raspy morning voice.

"Good morning." I replied, snuggling in closer to him to keep myself warm.

"Did you sleep good?" He asked.

"Yeah. I think I better go make breakfast. Wanna help?" I said, hoping he'd say yes since I had no idea where anything was at in the kitchen.

"Yup." Shawn yawned, standing up.

I looked at him with puppy dog eyes and my arms held out because I knew that he knew what I wanted him to do.

"Fine." He smiled, pulling me up by gripping my hands.

"Thank you." I said, smiling really big an cheesy.

"You look cute in my shirt." Shawn said, getting a mixing bowl out of the cupboard and setting it on the counter.

"I think it's just the shirt." I laughed, being very flattered.

"So, what're we makin?" He asked.

"I was thinking we could make some pancakes and eggs. But first, I need you to get a shirt on because you're killing me." I smiled, looking back up from his abs.

"Nah, I'm gonna let you suffer." He smirked, getting the ingredients out for pancakes.

"I hate you, you know that?" I teased.

"I know. And that's why I let you wear my shirt." He chuckled.

We each started adding different ingredients to the pancakes, but when I poured the flour, I had to flick a little in Shawn's face because, I mean, it's just right there! I laughed at his reaction and he took a pinch of flour and flicked it in my face before I could move.

"Now we're even." He smiled, inching closer to me.

"I think you got some in your hair." I said, reaching up to brush the flour out. My fingers were in love with the feel of his fluffy hair. But of course, I just had to make eye contact with him, causing me to forget what was going on. Before I knew it, we were leaning in and our lips connected. They moved in sync as we kept a slow, steady pace. His lips tasted a little bit like flour from the remaining particles still stuck to his mouth, and they we so soft. Shawn's hands felt their way to my waist and I ran my fingers through his hair over and over again.

"Shawn." I quietly moaned, causing him to pull away. My cheeks turned bright red, and we heard someone clear their throat. We looked to the entrance of the kitchen and there stood, Aaliyah, in the doorframe.

"Good morning sweetie!" I chirped, hoping she didn't just see all that.

"It is a good morning, isn't it?" She smirked, looking back and forth between me and Shawn.

"Wanna help me make some eggs?" He asked her.

"Sure." She said, walking over to the fridge to get the eggs out.