Chapter 7

It's a full moon today and I get to run with the pack for the first time..... I found out the 6th week of being here that there are exactly 1386 wolves in this pack. Some large packs have 2 or 3 betas, in this pack there are 2. The Miami, Florida pack is the second largest pack in the world. The largest pack is in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Louisiana pack has 2573 pack members and to think that I lived there was exciting and scary. In the Louisiana pack they have 3 betas and 2 alphas which are really rare...

The run was awesome. We went hunting and brought it all back to the alpha's mansion for everyone to eat.

There's only 5 months left until I get to go home.

I met this girl named Rosaline, she told me she turned into a wolf on her 16th birthday like I did but the alpha was at a meeting so she had to endure the pain by herself. We've been friends since I first arrived here. I was talking on and on about my dad and my family until she said something that broke my heart. "I didn't remember much about my father, but according to my mother he left because he couldn't stand to see my face every morning, she said that I was a mistake, that she should have had an abortion, so that my father wouldn't have left her, but it wasn't my fault. I didn't choose to be born."

Every night since that day I went hunting to let of steam, with the pack. My father has taught me how to fight and defend myself against the enemy.

Today I'm learning about why wolves (animal) mate for life. Almost always, only the male and female alphas of the pack will mate. Wolf packs typically have one litter of pups per year. Mating typically occurs between January and March. Wolves begin breeding between 2 and 3 years of age and are believed to mate for life(this only happened centuries ago due to having to many wolves in the world, now that our species are dying out the moon goddess has granted every wolf mated pair to have/bare pups). You see werewolves and wolves mate differently, we mate for life once we find our true mate or if our wolves except that wolf as there mate. A true mate is our soulmate, the other half of our soul, that one thing that is missing, helps reign in the madness, shines light where there was once darkness.

The rarest wolf species are the red wolves (Canis Rufus), white wolves and black wolves. There are only 2 pure white wolves and 5 pitch black wolves in the world, there are only 45 or less red wolves left also.

There's only 1 week until I get to move back home to my mother, brother and friends...... I haven't spoken to none of them since I left, because the pack alpha never let me know my outside family while I stayed with the pack. My father helped me pack all of my things back to the way they were when I bought them here. I'm very excited to see them all again and to ask how everybody is doing. I'm now 17 and my place in this pack is beta number 2, after my father. I went out with the Alpha for 6 months and broke up with him 2 weeks ago after he tried to make me his mate against my free will, luckily my father was there before he claimed me. I shuddered at the thought. I was leaving my new family to move back to my old family, for all they know I could be dead... it's morning and I just got up. I just remembered today's a special day... I'm going HOME!! I helped my dad bring all my stuff back and put it into the moving van. After everything was ready I was on my way yet again for a 12 hour drive except this time my dad was staying here and I was sitting in the passenger seat with my best friend Rosaline in the driver's seat. You see it's my senior year this year and Rosaline's coming to live with me and my family for our senior year of high school. Rosaline turned 18, 2 days ago and we had an epic birthday/ going away party.