0.9

"So there was no one suspicious around?" Kim asked, tending to Nayeon's wound.

"No... I'm not sure... I don't think so..." Dahyun answered, unsure.

"Okay then I'll---" before Kim could finish her sentence, Tzuyu interrupted her.

"Kim, there is something that you need to know about too."

"Is it about your detention? Mrs Jung told me--"

"No. But I guess you can say that it's related."

Hearing this, Kim and the other girls' interest was piqued.

"I was late for school this morning because I was-- kidnapped? I'm not sure how I should describe it, but I guess I'll just say I was kidnapped. And I think one of them is a student from my school, Kim Mingyu." Tzuyu said and sighed.

"That cute guy? Why? Are you sure you're not--" However, Jungyeon was cut-off by Kim.

"Girls, from today onwards you're going to train twice as hard. You don't have much time left so, start training!" As soon as Kim finished, she left the gym and locked the doors behind her.

>>>

"Guys, what do you think's going on?" Chaeyoung asked as the girls were running on the treadmills.

"All we know is that someone's trying to kill us." Jungyeon sighed.

"From today onwards, we'll only go out in pairs. That way, we can protect each other if anything happens and we can strengthen our bonds with each other." Jihyo instructed.

"Or, get both people killed." Mina said, rolling her eyes.

"Mina, can you just stop being so negative? Tell you what, we'll all draw lots to see who our partner is. That way it will be more effective since the goal is to "strengthen bonds" Momo said and turned off her treadmill. The girls nodded, agreeing with her suggestion.

"I'm sure I'll be paired with Nayeon, since I've been having good luck since birth." Dahyun said, giggling.

Momo quickly scribbled down their names onto pieces of paper and placed them into a  box. After doing so, the girls sat in a circle and passed the box around.

"Okay guys! Who are your partners?" Momo asked, looking at everyone's expressions.

Slowly, the girls placed their pieces of paper on the floor.

Jihyo was paired with Mina,
Dahyun paired with Sana,
Jungyeon paired with Momo
Nayeon was paired with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu

"No way. I am not going to pair with this girl." Mina complained, keeping a distance from Jihyo.

"Please, it's not like I will eat you up." Jihyo rolled her eyes and stood up, heading to the washroom to shower. As she grabbed her bag from her locker, she pulled out her phone from her bag and quickly typed a message:

Jihyo
Hi
Can we meet
for dinner today?

She stared at the message and sighed, hoping he would read it.

>>>

After Jihyo had her shower, she sat on a bench outside the shower room and waited for the other girls. In the meantime, she checked her messages.

Joshua
sure. where do u
wanna meet?

Jihyo
um
im fine with
anything

Joshua
oh ok
tbh i didnt think
that u still remembered
what i told u last time
that we would meet

Jihyo
ohh..
it's just that i have
some problems
and i dont know anyone
that i can confide in so...

Joshua
but i'm kind of like...
a stranger
and you trust me?

Jihyo
oh its nothing
too personal
dont worry.

Joshua
ok sure.
so where do
you wanna meet?

Jihyo
oh um...
what about the
ramyeon restaurant
opposite school?

Joshua
ok sure.
meet you at 7?

Jihyo
yup sure :)

Jihyo smiled to herself. Finally. Though they were in the same school, it almost seemed impossible to talk to him.

Not long after, the other girls were all out of the shower room and heading back to the apartment.

>>>

Jihyo looked at her reflection in the mirror and carefully applied some lipstick. She was careful not to use a dark colour so as to not make it look like she over-dressed. Thus, she just applied a light shade of pink.

However, as she was applying her lipstick, there was suddenly a bang on the bathroom door.

"Oh my gosh, Jihyo! Are you done?" Mina yelled. Oh great. Jihyo thought and sighed.

"Yeah I'm almost done. Gimme a moment." Sighing again, she finished up her make-up and left the washroom, trying to ignore the Mina's glare as she walked past.

Jihyo checked her watch for the tenth time that day. It was 6:30pm. She rathered be early than late. Looking down at her dress, she decided to wear a pair of light coloured sandals.

Pulling out her keys from her bag, she started unlocking the door and all of a sudden, a voice called out, "Wait."

Turning around, Jihyo realised it was Momo.
"Oh, yeah Momo?" Jihyo asked, looking around nervously.

"Where are you going?"
"Um, dinner?"
"Oh. Mina has to follow you."

Great. Mina. It's not like Joshua wants to meet Mina. Jihyo rolled her eyes. "Um, I'm in a rush. So I'll--" before she could even finish her sentence, Mina was beside her, and definitely dressed better than her. Oh well, Jihyo thought, What can you expect from girls who come from different family backgrounds?

Shooting a glare at Jihyo, Mina said roughly, "Let's go. I'm hungry."

>>>

Not long after, they were outside the ramyeon restaurant and Mina was freaking out after Jihyo told her that she was actually meeting someone for dinner.

"Omg! Do I look okay? Why didn't you tell me earlier? What the hell, Jihyo?!" Mina screeched, looking at herself in her selfie camera.

"Yeah well sorry, it's not like I knew you had to follow." Jihyo rolled her eyes, "Anyways, I'll be with my friend and you can just sit somewhere else, okay?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Mina said and sat somewhere away from Jihyo.

>>>

A/N
hmm i started this story but now im wondering how i will be ending it. dont worry guys this book isnt gonna end so fast but im just wondering.

anyways, thanks so much for all the reads and votes! i hope yall enjoy the rest of the book and i will try my best to update more oftenly for all of you <333