Chapter Five.

Ruby's secret is coming soon!!!!!!!!

If anyone has a better ideas of anything, please tell me!!! :)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter Five:

I saw him turn the corner and run towards me. He pulled me into the room and cupped his hand around my mouth. Somewhere in there he had set me down on the couch. My scream slowly died down. “Jesus Christ Chris, what are you doing here?!”  He plopped down next to me with a smirk. “Well, I was going to sit outside your door until you got home but then I realized that your door was unlocked. So I came in, and here I am!” That dumb smile hadn’t left his face. I slumped down and sighed with relief. “But I’m here for a reason, you don’t have school tomorrow right?” he asked. “Nope, I’m done for a couple months, why?” He explained to me that there’s a party he wanted to go to and he asked if I wanted to go. “No thanks, thanks for the invite though,” I felt bad but I just don’t think now’s the right time. “Please,” he begged. “It’s going to be fun, I promise. We’ll go, and try it out and if you don’t like it I’ll take you home quicker than you can say…uhm…” I thought about it, he was right, I mean I guess I could give it a try. I haven’t been to a party since “it” happened. “Fine,” I said rolling my eyes. He jumped up and waited for me to stand up, and then he looked down at my clothes. “What?” I asked looking at my jeans. “Uhm, that’s not going to do,” he shook his head. “Go put on something more party attire like. I’ll wait here,” he threw himself back on the couch and turned on the football game. I stomped into my room and slammed my door. I could hear him laugh from the living room.  I walked to my closet and saw an array of jeans, sweat pants, t-shirts, and sweatshirts. Then I ventured into the scary part of my closet, the side with skirts and dresses. I pulled out a short black dress and put it on. I really didn’t want to do this, but everyone’s told me that I’m being pathetic and need to get out more. I’ll show them.  I curled my hair into loose spirals and put on some more dramatic makeup. I grabbed some heels and my red leather jacket. I made sure I had my normal jewelry on, my ring and cross necklace. As I looked down at my ring I was jabbed in the heart with the pain of the memories. I shook my head and held back the tears. I walked out of the room as Chris stood up. “Wow, you look great, you really do,” he said looking me up and down making me uncomfortable. “Thanks, am I overdressed?” I really didn’t want to embarrass myself. “No, not at all, it’s perfect,” I blushed as he nodded his head for me to follow. We walked out to his huge truck parked out front. I don’t see how I didn’t notice that walking in to the building. This truck was so big that I couldn’t even see myself getting into it. I stood there confused as he walked up chuckling behind me. He opened the door and grabbed my waist and lifted me up to the handle where I could pull myself in.  I gave him a dirty look as my arms were crossed over my chest when he got in. “Awh come-on ruby, lighten, were going to have fun tonight,” I loosened my arms as he drove away. We drove for a good fifteen minutes before we pulled into a driveway of a huge house. I looked over to him as he shrugged. I was surprised when he didn’t stop in the drive way, he kept driving and pulled into the million car garage. “Whose house it this?” I asked as he started to get out of the car. “It’s my roommate’s, brothers, and mine,” he chuckled and came over to my side and lifted me out of the truck. “Come’on” he grabbed my hand and led me down the long driveway towards the front door. “Nice man,” said a guy standing in a group of guys winking at me. “Thanks,” he said putting his arm around me and walking away. He opened the door as I was slapped with loud music lots of people. People were calling Chris’s name and looking at me. I already wanted to go home. “Uhm Chris,” I said moving closer to him, “I want-” I could tell he knew what I was going to say. “No” he said, smirking and pulling me more into the house. Oh lord, let the games begin.