Untitled #5

This was thrown together asf...in geometry like shit writing

-------------------------------------------

One. 

"Chicago Police Department" 

Two. 

"I didn't do anything" 

Three. 

Guns drawn 

Four. 

"Stop resisting" 

Five. 

Another innocent person gunned down for no reason making headlines and becoming another hashtag to be spread across our T.V screens and on the front page of our news papers. 

Six. 

Another family torn apart and feeling a pain you wouldn't be able to describe until it was you who felt it. 

Seven. 

The incident hits social media and millions screaming "Justice for _______" and beating their keyboards about how they're upset and how things like this need to stop but.... 

Eight. 

 ....question, where are these same people during the protests, the movements, the gatherings? The same place they've always been behind a screen waiting for the newest update so they can add their unneeded in put that doesn't help and never will. 

Nine. 

The officers who did it still have a job, still get to see their family everyday, still get to live. But they wonder why people come at them with so much anger, so much hatred, they wonder why people feel unsafe around them. Tuh, some people that we have to "serve and protect us" 

Ten. 

Repeat steps 1-9. 

Will this constant 10 step cycle stop? Let's put it this way, as long as there are people of color who even look suspicious the answer is, no not even if we truly wanted it to. 

That's the sad and honest truth.  

______________________

Pero like my friend gave me the title "10 steps of color" i fw it but yall kno ion name my shit