Ch 1

Jay ,short for Jasper , you see her life wasn't always 'picture perfect' if you will but, her only family member that was alive was her big brother Jace. Jasper had no idea where Jace went after her parents shunned her, she really didn't even know if he was still alive. Jasper lives alone with her dog (Scraps) in a vacant house that was falling apart but it was her only choice. The only stuff she had with her was one suitcase half way full of stuff like, a picture of her mom, dad , brother, and dog. An old baseball mit Jace gave her when they were kids , a baby blanket she was brought home in , five dollars, a letter she wrote to her mom right before she died, and a beanie that was Jace's. Jasper always had to carefully sneak out of the house with Scraps to go find food being very very careful no one saw them. Scraps was an amazing dog he was well trained and listened to commands, he was the perfect best friend.

     One day Jay was sitting on the living room floor petting Scraps when all of the sudden..

*POUND POUND POUND,* and then a shout "OPEN UP ITS THE POLICE YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO OPEN THIS DOOR!"

Jasper quickly grabbed all of her things pilling them into her suitcase and wrapping around the peice of twine that held it closed , picked up Scraps and bolted through the black door right as the police knocked down the front door.

        Jay felt like she had just ran miles trying to get away from the cops, and she did, she ended up in a parking lot behind a Walmart, she had to find somewhere to sleep. Scraps was shaky and scared, starving, and dehydrated, Jasper climbed up a high pine tree so no one would be able to see her or reach her. She shoved her suitcase under a branch making a platform for scraps to lay on, she took her blanket out of her suitcase, bunched it up and set it on top to make a bed for Scraps and watched him slowly fall asleep, then Jasper finally closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.