Ch 3

11:30 p.m.   
    Jay and Scraps had been walking for a few hours, Jay was just getting light headed and her eyelids started to get heavy until she heard a sound. A sound she was all too familiar with, the cops. Jay picked up Scraps and began to race through alleys splashing puddles as she went, then she stopped at a dead end. The whole world moved in slow motion.
The cop car was cold and she was wet, it had been pouring rain as if the weather was feeling her emotions. Walking into the police station was very familiar, the embarrassment, the feeling of being worthless, now it was time for the worst feeling of all the interrogation.
Jay was extremely uncomfortable, the chair was digging into her back, the room gave her goosebumps , but she couldn't focus on how uncomfortable she was when there was an officer sitting in front of her.
"Please state your name." Officer Hopper stared blankly
           "Jasper Kyra Jones" Jay mumbled feeling numb
       "Are you aware you were out after curfew?" He questioned
    "No Officer Hopper"
    "Have any family around here?" Hopper said lighting a cigarette
            "No sir, they are all dead." A single tear rolled down Jay's face, she was sure Jace was dead that's why he never came for her.
       "And why's that?" Hopper said leaning in. Jay didn't respond, she just turned her cheek. Officer Hopper left, soon coming back with her suitcase, a bag of clothes, and her dog, Scraps. Inside her head she was filled with happiness to see her dog again, but the smile didn't show on her face. Scraps started yipping and licking Jasper. Hoppers face was stuck on one expression, Jay knew what it meant.