Chapter 1: "How...boring."

"HONEY, ARE YOU UP?" I hear my moms voice coming from downstairs and I groan audibly, not wanting to get up just yet. Then there it is the soothing scent of pancakes, bacon, warm toast, and my ice cold coffee. "Yeah, yeah I'm getting up." I respond to her earlier question and sit up in bed rubbing my hands over my face.
I take a fast shower and get dressed in my school uniform. Great. This all seemed so pretentious. Although, if I am seen as that kid who got invited to BSB just because of my grades; there won't be a single college who won't want me. I smile to myself and walk over to my mirror.
My hair is dry, finally. I apply just a little eyeliner, I wanted to look nice for my first day. First impressions do matter. I rush downstairs after grabbing my bag and take a seat in front of the table, my mouth practically drooling. "Mom, this looks...great!" I exclaim as she sets a plate of food down in front my me with my ice cold coffee.
"Thank you Jimin. You excited for your first day today?" She asks sitting down and eating her own breakfast. "Eh, kind of. This uniform and everything is so weird." I complain and devour half of my food. "You look handsome, as always." "Mooooom! Stooop! You're just saying that because I'm your son! It's your obligation to higher my self esteem." I laugh and smile at her as I finish my breakfast, she shakes her head in disagreement.
"I mean it." She sing songs and picks my plate up to wash it. I smile and check my watch, IMMA BE LATE. "Oh! I have to go mom! See you when I get home!" I say and kiss her cheek before rushing out the door grabbing my keys on the way out.

I pull into the parking lot and find the closest parking space and practically jump out. I speed walk inside of the school and go straight to the office for my schedule. "Oh! Park Jimin! We're so pleased to have you. Here let me just get your schedule for you." The office lady- person says. She has box shaped glasses on and her dress is way to tight for her. I thank God in that moment for blessing me with fully working lungs because if not I'm pretty sure they would've collapsed after seeing her bend over trying to pick up my schedule. My rib cage screamed in sympathy.
"Now we decided since you've been homeschooled until now, we would have a student who is very familiar with this school to show you around." She says and smiles. "Um, alright that's fine with me. Who is it?" In that moment. Almost as if on que a boy, taller than me with colored silver/gray hair walks in. His hair looks soft to the touch and his eyes can practically pierce any gaze it seems like. Everything about him was just right.
"I'm Taehyung, but everyone just calls me Tae for short." He says and cocks his head to the side with a small smile holding out his hand for me to shake. I nod my head and shake his hand and he glances down at my hand when I pull away. "Alright Taehyung will you take Jimin here and show him around?" "Of course Ms. Kyon."

We walk out of the office, and I sigh in relief. It smelled like hand sanitizer and peppermints in there. "So you're pretty big news here already did you know that? Being the only invited kid on campus. Says a lot." He speaks up as he gently takes my schedule and looks it over. "Um, well I just study. Not much else you can do really." I say laughing awkwardly. "You're genius level smart I hear. I'm pretty sure you have to be born talented to be that good." He says cracking a smile.
"Hey Tae-Tae!" A high voice peeps up. I look for the owner of the voice automatically, they owe me new eardrums. I hear Taehyung let out a soft sigh before smiling at the girl and nodding his head. "Sup, Jisoo." He says sounding cool, I guess. She was pretty. Heck, she was really pretty but she seemed all over him. Were all the girls like that here? "So me and the girls just wanted to say you played amazing at the game yesterday." Jisoo says, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "Thanks, hey I'll talk to you later. I have to show Park Jimin here around." I stomp on his foot lightly. "Jimin." I whisper. "Just say my name is Jimin." He looks me over for a second looking kind of pissed. "I mean Jimin." She focuses her attention on me and smirks. "Ohhhh, I heard about you. Alright, see you around." Jisoo says, before walking down the hallway.
"Don't ever do that again." He warns me as we keep walking. I frown and look him over. "What? Step on your foot? Get over it 'Mr. Popular' I'm not bowing down to you just because everyone else is." I scoff and continue walking. Taehyung chuckles lightly and smiles. "Alright, this is your stop..Jimin." I take my schedule back gingerly and fold it gently. "Thanks Taheyung. By the way sorry for stepping on your foot, it's just I'm not good at this whole making friends thing." I confess sheepishly. "Don't sweat it. I like it. You're different, and I think we're gonna get along just fine." He says before turning around to walk away.
"Oh wait, I almost forgot to tell you." He adds turning around and backing up as if right after he says it he's gonna run away. "Yeah?" I question. "You have tiny hands. They're like half the size of mine." My face flushes red and he sticks his tongue out smiling. I smile widely before turning around myself getting ready to walk into class. "I'll see you later Park Jimin." I hear as I open my classroom door. After my teacher finally introduces me and gives me a seat, I'm ready to go and learn. Until I realize I already know how to do all of this. Everything they're learning is so easy. I did this like two years ago.
"Jimin, what do you think?" My teacher pipes up. Not thinking I say the first thing on my mind. "How...boring."
Snickers and chuckles go around the room and the teacher glares at me. "Oh, I'm sorry. Was I wrong?"