Chapter 8: Unlikely truth.

Regina felt that she had been hours just standing there looking at her silver locket, waiting for something to happen, knowing the connection was dead and would probably remain that way for the rest of Emma's time in prison.

She Finally let go of it and she couldn't bear another second standing there within the four walls of that room, she felt them closing on her, depriving her of the little oxygen she managed to bring into her lungs. She was forced out of the asphyxiating room and rushed down the hallway and towards the staircase as fast as she could make it.

Before she knew it, she found herself made a mess sitting on a bar stool, trying to deep breathe and stop crying.

"Jeez woman you look like you can use some booze, I'm Roxanne what can I getcha?".

Regina looked up at the bartender and her nose automatically crinkled at the sight of her positive vibe, tight denim jeans, and rock band t-shirt.

"I don't suppose you have any apple cider hidden under that counter by any chance?".

"Sorry", the woman shook her head, "I can offer you gin, scotch, rum, tequila, vodka, basically anything you want but that".

"Then give me two full cups of forgiveness and a bottle of guilt eradicator", Regina deadpanned and Roxanne just looked at her like she was being dramatic, "what? You said anything I want but apple cider, well, that's all I want!", she stated, burying her face in her hands.

"So, it's one of those days", Roxanne commented, pouring a shot of each one of the drinks she mentioned
before, to then place them in a line in front of the other brunette.

"It's one of those decades actually", She replied and to that, the bartender whistled low," wasn't it easier to wait and see what drink I was ordering instead of pouring them all? Wait, is this the way you try to kill me?".

"Come again, why would I try to kill you, woman?".

"I don't know," Regina shrugged, "do you have a hero complex and a secret deep hatred for fairytale evil witches?"

"Are you one of those? Because if that's the case I'm afraid I have to tell you, that this is me totally trying to kill you", Roxanne made her best impersonation of a psychopath for a brief second, "or maybe I'm just trying to get you drunk to get into your fancy pants", she winked at the brunette and cast a glance over the countertop to check out Regina, almost as if she was pondering if it was worth the effort.

"You really don't know who you are talking with, there's no way a girl like you can handle as you so neatly put it 'getting into my fancy pants' dear," Regina faked a smile trying to hide the offense taken on the bartender action.

"Please, you are wearin' a pantsuit and you ordered apple cider in a hotel bar, you surely are one of those women who sees sex handcuffs and runs away".

"Well, of course, I am!", Regina started and Roxanne gave her a cocky smile, "what's the point of using handcuffs if the plush will prevent those delicious red wrists marks from forming?", She added and the bartender licked her lips unconsciously.

"Fair point", Roxanne said, pushing the shots on the bar near the brunette since she hadn't drunk any and finally Regina lifted the first glass in line, " let me tell you something, I happen to have a pair of actual cop handcuffs at my place if you are interested", the bartender wiggled her eyebrows at her and then marched to the other side of the counter to greet an incoming couple.

Regina downed shot after shot as she watched the other brunette go, her tight jeans hugged her curves perfectly and she found herself actually contemplating the possibility of accepting the carefree bartender's offer. It had been a while since she spoke with someone whose deepest instinct wasn't running away at the sight of her face or the sound of her name. It had been an even longer time since she last used a decent pair of shackles on someone, especially a woman, especially a woman who wanted her to use them.