Chase

Savannah's POV

    I had Sacajawea take the lead, knowing she was the best tracker we had. She studied a hoofprint on a newspaper that had been blown to the ground and trampled. She managed to figure out how fast he was going and where he was going. As we passed a group of lions, they came to life, growling at us.

    "Gigantor, these cats want to play! Get your flashlight!" Jedidiah shouted.

    Larry pulled out his flashlight and started to shine it on the ground. I watched in slight amusement as the lions started to play with each other when they couldn't catch the light. After we distracted the lions, we had to get on a bus to get to where we were going. Two kids were staring at us the whole way.

    "We're just as God made us," Jedidiah informed them. "Take a picture. It'll last longer."   

    The girl pulled out her phone and snapped a picture of us. I rolled my eyes and looked at her. She eventually turned around with her brother, I'm assuming it's her brother. When we got off, we spotted the Camelot theater or the show, at least. Upon entering, we found Lancelot up on stage with the tablet. I groaned.

    "Really?" I asked no one.

    I stormed up the isle, pushing past screaming people as Lancelot started to attack the things and props on stage. I got up on the stage and grabbed his wrist. He put the sword away and grabbed a torch before bolting backstage. I was about to follow when I decided to apologize to the two people on stage.

    "I'm very sorry about him. He's a bit mentally disturbed," I said to them.

    "Oh, it's nothing," the man said.

    "Wait a second, you're Hugh Jackman, aren't you? I am a big fan of yours, just so you know. I'd better get up there and stop him from getting himself into more trouble," I said, smiling.

    The others had gotten up on stage, and I heard Larry talking to Hugh as I disappeared after Lancelot. I found the man on the rooftop, his nose dripping because of the heat of the torch in his hand.

    "Lancelot, your nose is doing so well near that fire," I told him.

    He glanced down and yelled in surprise. He flung the torch away and instead grabbed his sword. He pointed it at me.

    "Don't stare at my nose," he growled.

    "I'm looking at your eyes. If you could kindly give me the tablet, I would appreciate it," I told him, holding my hand out to him as the others came burst out.

    In his surprise and haste, he jumped and turned too sharply. I got hit hard by his arm and went toppling over the edge of the building. I grabbed the edge with my fingers.

    "Nafretiri!" I heard Ahkmenrah shout.

    The sounds of running footsteps reached my ears, but I heard groans and knew that the tablet's magic was destabilizing once more. I felt myself grow weaker by the second as Kahmunrah's face appeared over me. Ahkmenrah was apparently on the ground, judging by Shepseheret's screams.

    "Nafretiri, grab my hand," Kahmunrah demanded, reaching down to me.

    I tried to grab his hand, but my other hand slipped as I was reaching upward. I fell. I heard Kahmunrah's shout before it turned black.