Ghost Stories

The Brick Wall

There were once three old men at a nursing home in the city. The nursing home was surrounded by a big brick wall to keep out the noise of the city. They all slept in the same grey room with only one window. The oldest man, named Frank, demanded each night that he sleep by the window since he was the oldest and therefore deserved the most respect. Steve and John the other two men always let him, not wanting to fight with him. One night Frank was sleeping when he awoke to a very strange noise. He looked out the window and there was just a brick wall. That morning he was pronounced dead by a heart attack. The next night Steve, being the second oldest, slept in the bed nearest the window. He awoke in the middle of the night to a strange noise. He looked out the window and saw the large brick wall and nothing else. The next morning he was pronounced dead by a heart attack. John, who was a little creeped out but didn't believe in ghosts, decided to sleep in that same bed by the window, if for only to prove the people who said that it was a ghost wrong. That night just as the clock struck 12 he arose to hear a very odd noise. He looked out of the window and saw only a brick wall. The next morning he was dead by a heart attack.