Chapter 1

Sabrina's POV

My school, like many, has a social class system. By that I mean, we have many cliques, and they're all on the social chain. My friends and I, are just about in the middle, along with the other small friend groups.

The popular group however, consists of only jocks and cheerleaders. Cliché, I know right? And like those movies, this group of people aren't all exactly the nicest. They think very highly of themselves, and won't hesitate to remind you of that.

Of course there's the geniuses, or as the populars label them, the "nerds". They're dedicated to their work, which I can definitely respect, and also relate to.

Because I dont want to bore you, I'll tell you about one more group. This one is..Special to me. There are the students we know as: floaters. They dont stick to one group, rather they hang out with almost everyone. But one person in particular whos a floater...Means a lot to me. Truth be told, I sorta..Kind of..Maybe..Like them. Yeah, its tedious, I mean, a girl whos in a small group liking a boy whos a floater. But hey, I cant help how I feel.

He does have a name, of course. Its Bradley. My friends are crazy and made up a ship name for us: "Brabrina". But lets be real, he probably doesnt even know I exist.

"Ms. Carpenter, can you please tell us what E equals?" My teacher, Ms. Variable asked. Dang it, I spaced out again.

"Mc2," I answered, she nods and continues her lesson plan. Phew, that was a close one. I really need to stop daydreaming in class.

"Alright, next class we'll be starting a project," She announced. Groans came from the class, including me. "You have to work with a partner for this project." More groans came from the class. Group projects seem like a dream come true, but having to track down the person admist 1000 students to work on the project? Yikes!

A hand shot up in the front row, "Do we get to choose our partners?" She asked, I recognize her, shes one of the geniuses, G.

"Unfortunately, no. I'll be assigning partners."

"Can we switch partners?" Corey, another genius wondered aloud.

"No switching partners." My friends, Rowan, Piper, and I exchanged looks. We have a very small chance of being partners. And I mean 3% chance at most, especially because Ms. Variable likes to have us work with people we don't usually talk to. Which in my opinion, sucks.

"When's the project due?" A voice spoke from behind me. I didn't even have to look to know it was Bradley.

"2 months from now."

"Thats great! One small project due in 2 months!" Rowan exclaimed. Our teacher looked at her, "Sorry I forgot to put my hand up!"

"Its okay, Ms. Blanchard. And the reason why its due in 2 months is because its quite a large project. That is, if you consider a 6 page essay and 10 minute presentation a large essay."

"Can we use size 70 font?" Jake, the other floater joked. He and Bradley bursted into laughter.

"No. You must type it using size 12 font." Their laughter abruptly stopped after hearing this.

"That sucks," Piper mumbled from beside me.

"I know right," I muttered in response.

"When will we know our partners?" A kid, I dont know asked.

"Next class." Can't wait! Note the sarcasm.

Ughhhh sucky chapter, I'm sorry! I thought the rewrite would be better than the first one, but its still so cringey and boring! Ahhhhhhhhh!
Anyways, thank you so much for still reading, it really means a lot to me!
I hope to see you in the next chapter, byeee!