Foreword

SUMMARY

SUMMARY

[The Story behind Author Games:Haven]

In the distant future, all ice caps on Earth have melted, causing the water levels to rise to such an extent that all land on Earth is now gone. Completely engulfed by water.

That is, except for Haven.

Haven is the only known surviving island to date. While what remains of Earth's population lives on the humongous submarine called The Leviathan, the elites get to live up on Haven.

Every two years, a competition is to be held. It is open to everyone, anyone can enter there name as much as they desire. 40 contestants are chosen at random.

You only get chosen once. If you fail the Haven Trials, you may never enter again. If you win, however, you get the chance to live up on Haven and experience what life was once like above water. 40 will be chosen, only 5 will get this honor.

Roland has always dreamed of going up to Haven. Having been found alone when he was a baby, he always held onto the hope that his parents didn't abandon him. He held onto the idea that maybe, just maybe, they were winners. After all, you can't bring anyone with you if you win.

However,Roland soon starts to wonder: are the games really all they seem to be?

DEDICATION

To all the stories that shaped my childhood. My literary families, loves, heart breaks, adventures. Thank you for making my life magical again.

Also, thank you to vkbloodgood  for the beautiful cover and chapter banner!

COPYRIGHT

This story is a product of my own mind. Any similarities to any places, people, events, or ideas is completely coincidental and is not intentional. Attempting to plagiarize my story in any way will result in immediate punishment in some form or another.

WARNING

Since I'm doing this story for NaNoWriMo 2017, this story will probably have many errors. I apologize in advance and afterwards I will go back and fix it. But for the time being, I will just work on getting the chapters out ASAP.

Edit: never finished it for NaNo (literally only got the first chapter done I failed lol) still beware, this will most likely be in need of edits and changes in the long run so bare with me while I try to finish this book lol.

Edit, November 2018: I'm gonna do this book for Nano until it gets done lol. Don't care how long it takes me. Be aware, chapters will most likely be uploaded unedited.