12

DAISY

1 YEAR LATER

After what had happened the last time Jack tortured me, everything changed. He always came late like super late and didn't care.

He sometimes would stay home and just ignore me and treat me badly. We would always argue and after that, we didn't talk or look at each other.

When he had his days off, he would leave into an outfit, and then come back in another one. But he would always come back in a rotten, dry, stinky sense of smell.

I sleep in the guest room as well he sleeps in our bedroom even though, the room is still the same as he left it the day he was angry.

Then, sofia had called me almost everyday, but I didn't tell her what happned at breakfast. I didn't want her to worry too much and come back for me when she's having fun in Bahamas.

After these months, he would act up weird or he looks weird.

Bags under his eyes, red eyes, come home smelling like weed and alcohol, he hasn't even shaved his beard that's growing on his jawline.

Oh, and once he got home drunk and brought a women upstairs and it was horrible that I was listening through the whole night. Couldn't even sleep.

Curse these thin walls.

Anyways, the point is that he's different and I'm gonna have to talk to his parents about that.

So I went to the G's house and pressed the doorbell.

"Hey Daisy! It's so nice to see you." Mr. G said letting me in.

I walked with him to where Ms. G sat at and greeted me with a hug.

"Hey, it's so nice to see you again! It's been a long time since we haven't seen each other." She said offering me tea. I rejected cause I didn't like tea. It made me throw up.

"So, what brings you here? Where's jack?" Mr G asked.

My palms were sweating so I rubbed them against my jeans to calm the nervousness.

"Well...I came to talk about...him actually." I said.

They set their tea cups down and stared at me confused.

Thinking about what he had done, I wanted to cry and let everything out. From arguing to being tortured. But I bit my bottom lip down and holded in.

"Umm...I've been meaning to tell you guys this ever since, but I guess it was just me doubting but after these months, I guess I was wrong." I said.

I sighed and continued. "It's about jack. He's been acting weird lately. He usually not home - "

"But like I told you, he works and you know how it is that sometimes you gotta stay late." Mrs G interrupted.

"No, not sometimes. Everyday." I paused. "He would always go and come back with different clothes. And he doesn't spend time with me. I'm always alone doing nothing, just worrying about him. And he's different. Very different. I don't know if you guys know something or is something happening with him..."

They both faced each other and turned back to me.

"I mean, C'mon there must be something going on that you guys know at least..." I stopped to let them tell me what's really going on behind this man.

"Daisy, we're really sorry but we always tried figuring out what's wrong but he would always reject. And we didn't really got close to him cause he has anger issues and would hit anything or throw to make us leave him alone." Mr G said.

So I'm not the only one...

"Honey, why is your arm bruised?" Mrs. G pointed.

I had on a short sleeve blouse and thinking of jack, I forgot to cover myself.

"Oh, uh...nothing. I just...hit myself." I said caressing my arm.

"Daisy, is something going on between you and him?" She asked suspiciously.

I sighed and was ready to tell the truth.

"Nothing is happening. Now, I have to go. Goodbye" I said.

We said our goodbyes and hugged each other.

Ms. G walked me out and before I said goodbye, she gave me a little note that she had.

"Here. Go to this place. This is Jack's ex. They were together for 5 years and since he trusted her, he told her everything that was going on. She'll tell you everything you need to know. Her name is Madison."

I nodded and left out entering in my car looking at the address.

I put the address in my GPS, then followed the trail that took me to this Madison.

¶¶¶

Much love, Stephanie