Checkmate

*Centuries Ago at the Nexus*

"Eunomia. Eris. Aisa. You three have sworn to protect not just Edenia, but all the Realms in existence. Do you three still abide by this oath?"

"Yes your highness!" Eunomia responded as she bowed.

"Of course your highness!" Eris responded as she bowed. However, Aisa didn't respond.

"Is it really possible to protect EVERY realm in existence?" Aisa asked. Sindel nodded.

"Not everyone is going to join us immediately. That's what I have you three for—my most trusted mediators. You are the only three I truly place my faith in. My secrets, my motives, my life, my future...I leave it all to the three of you." Sindel praised.

"I...I still have my doubts about the success of our alliance as well...respectfully so your highness." Eris also stated. She seemed a bit troubled.

It wasn't unusual for her to seem a bit on edge, however, as she was the one who was chosen to be the mediator for the Chaos Realm. Although successful with her mission there, she hasn't been the same ever since. No one knows why, nor do they question it. Maybe it was a curse from being exposed to the realm for too long, or maybe she saw something that she couldn't remove from her memory.

Being the mediator of Seido and the creator of the Seido Guard, Eunomia has more of an advantage when it comes to defending the universe and securing a direct alliance between the Realm of Order and Edenia. However, this has hindered her from gaining the trust of other realms who despise the controlled environment that the Seido had become ever since she aligned with the realm.

Aisa wasn't as successful as the two. Being the mediator of smaller realms may seem like a decent accomplishment, but without the assistance of the much larger realms, it would be difficult to keep threats against the smaller realms in check—especially at a time where Outworld is constantly conquering them.

"Your doubts are acknowledged. Please remember, no accomplishment in life comes immediately. That's why everyone has a future." Sindel responded.

"And what if one of us were go rogue?" Aisa questioned.

"We were the only ones to successfully complete the Trial of Corruption. The One Being's presence cannot taint our souls." Eris responded.

"We cannot judge right from wrong solely based on our own feelings, Aisa." Eunomia added. "The safety and security of our universe is the only thing that matters. How we make it happen...."

*Present Day*

Anomaly continues to stare at Sindel's Corpse. Her expression was dull—dead. She didn't know what reaction she was supposed to have. The two weren't close friends, but more like distant family. They didn't communicate all of the time, but they always supported each other in their time of need. Even while in captivity and enslavement, the two continued to try and reunite in Edenia once more. However, Anomaly couldn't live in a world where their reunion would end due to Shao Kahn's presence. But sometimes, you can't go back...or can you?

"YOU IDIOT!" Eva yelled. Anomaly snapped back to reality. She looked over to Eva and the others, realizing that they were all back in Edenia once more. She notices that the clouds of Edenia were darkened, and flashing frequently. The voices of the Elder Lords began to roar across the skies of Edenia.

"Due to the recent death of the former Elder Lord Sindel, the rules of Mortal Kombat have been changed. From here, now, and forever more, Outworld must complete a total of 10 out of 12 tournaments when facing off against a realm that is allied with Edenia spanning one century per tournament. However, if Outworld is defeated by said Realm, they will be permanently forbidden from ever having the opportunity of claiming said Realm. These are the new terms of all Future Mortal Kombat Tournaments."