Zaterrian Pride

Years ago, a race of people known as the Saurians resided in the realm of earth. They are a Reptilian race whose appearance could take on the form of a human. However, when Raiden and Shinnok were at war for possession of Earthrealm Raiden sent Earthrealm into the dark ages, causing the entire Saurian race to flee to a realm they called Zaterra. Their time away from Earthrealm caused their true forms to show. They lived in peace for many decades after, but their piece is threatened by the presence of Shao Kahn. In 24 Hours, Outworld will be facing Zaterra in Shao Kahn's most successful Mortal Kombat Tournament. If Zaterra wins, they will have another 500 years to live in harmony. However, if they lose...

"Zaterra is ours." Anomaly finishes. She's talking with Baraka, who'd been practicing with her. Over the past 7,000 Years, Anomaly had been Outworld's champion. Every Decade or so, she'd face off against warriors from a realm of Shao Kahn's choosing. She conquered over 700 realms throughout her time in Outworld. However, the realms she faced were smaller. Their warriors were weaker. She's just now jumping into the big leagues for the first time. However, before she can take on the responsibilities, she must improve her skills to be better prepared for the swift and cunning Saurians.

"You must learn how to face an enemy who's fast. One you cannot see. Simply knowing how to fight isn't going to help." Baraka responds.

"There are other tricks to winning the tournament than just knowing how to physically overpower your enemy, Baraka." She responded back.

"Don't get overly cocky, girl. Just because you won a few hundred tournaments, that doesn't mean you'll win against the foe that has had over 7000 years of combat knowledge dedicated specifically to you." Baraka added. Anomaly shrugs. Anomaly continues to warm up against the Tarkatans using her Kobu Jutsu. Overlooking her from the Throne Room were Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung. They were impressed by her fighting abilities and coordinated prowess with her weapons.

"She'd stronger than I gave her credit for." Shao Kahn stated.

"Would you say that she might be a bit...too strong?" Shang Tsung questioned.

"She did create a brand new entity who acts like a matured adult. She was able to defeat both Onaga and the original Shadow Priest in the span of a day. That's something that would usually take years of war to accomplish." Shao Kahn explained.

"She's no ordinary warrior indeed. Not even Onaga was unable to create another living being through sorcery." Shang Tsung confirmed. "We might have to keep an eye on her." Shao Kahn closed his eyes. He suddenly opens them and realizes it was just him daydreaming. Shang Tsung was gone. It was the evening. Everyone was somewhere else—Eating Dinner, Bathing, or Sleeping. He decided to spend the rest of his day resting on his throne as he contemplated on the conversation he had in his dream.

*Meanwhile on Zaterra...*

The realm of Zaterra is very similar to the average rural Earthrealm town. The buildings were painted in a green camouflage pattern to blend in with the greenery. This is helpful for keeping their realm hidden from invaders, especially at night. There is also a War Tower that floats above the Zaterrian Castle in which the Queen, Kreeya, resides. Khameleon is in charge of the War Tower and its warriors. She is also the Sister of Kreeya.

"What?!!" Khameleon yelled. She was before the throne of Kreeya. Kreeya wasn't fazed by her outburst.

"We can't keep running from our problems. They know who we are and where we are. They'll just keep following us until we run out of options." Kreeya explained.

"Why can't we just decline the offer?" Khameleon requested. "He can't force us to face him in the tournament."

"He can legally go to war with our Realm if we decline. That's why we're holding off our answer."