第六章 | Six

The sound of her alarm clock rang through her ears, its sound-waves bouncing off the bedroom walls as it rang out.

The silver-haired girl arose slowly, groaning as she opened her eyes, to meet face-to-face with her 'alarm clock'.

She patted his head. "Good morning, Taron," she ruffled the owl's feathers, earning a friendly hoot in greeting.

Getting herself off her bed, she was once again snapped out of her dazed state by a human reincarnation of an owl.

"AKI, GOOD MORNING--"

Akitari shushed him,"Good morning, onii-chan. Please do not speak in all capitals, you'll wake up Okaa-san and Otou-san."

"Gomen, Aki-mama--OW!" he earned himself a pinch on the cheek by the latter. "Anyway, guess what day it is!"

She deadpanned,"It's a Monday, onii-chan."

"Yes, but no!"

"The day that I have Cheerleading practice? [*]

"No!--wait you have practice today?"

Akitari nodded. "I know it's sudden, but Nariko just told me only last night, and I have to attend it." [*]

She was careful not to dampen her older brother's spirits, but that didn't work,sadly, as Bokuto immediately went down on his knees, wailing. "Aki, but you have to come to training camp! With me, with Akaashi and the the! Okaa-san and Otou-san have already decided, so you have to go!"

"Bokuto-nii, I didn't say I won't be going," the younger Koutarou sweatdropped, alongside their pet owl, who hooted out an agreement. (not like either of them would understand, but okay) 'Onii-chan, why're you so stubborn at times like this?..'

Bokuto stopped wailing. "Wait, so you're still coming?"

The younger sibling nodded, which then resulted in the older one pulling her into a hug, one that could crush bones.

Once she was out of the hug, the silver-haired girl rushed out of the room , leaving her brother to deal with their overprotective pet owl.

Who, despite looking like the boy himself, does not like Bokuto at all.

-~-

  Bokuto Koutarou came to school with a red bulge on the top of his head.

 "Bokuto-san, please explain why there is a bruise on your head," Akkashi asked, whose questions were answered by his female classmate instead.

She peeked out from behind her brother's back. "He mistreated poor Taron, and tried to squish me dead. Our owl's very protective, he should've known not to try and kill me."

Akaashi smiled slightly. "Ohayo, Akitari. I see that you have practice today?"

"I do, actually, so I'll be coming over to your training camp afterwards," Akitari replied, nodding in greeting to her friend.

They continued to converse with each other, while Bokuto and the rest of his teammates stared at them.

'Is that a normal conversation? Monotonic voices, straight faces?'

Sadly, their 'normal' conversation had to end early. The girl's cheerleading captain burst into the room, yelling,"Kou-san, there you are! You're late for practice, hurry up and follow me!"

Akitari flinched, even if it were by a little. "Nariko, please don't yell. All of us would turn deaf when we reach the age of twenty if you keep doing so."