Silent Heartbeat - Chapter Five: The Truth (Allie)

I look at the calendar that hangs on the wall. It's already Friday. Whenever I'm with Sayer, I lost track of time.

I grabbed my phone on my desk and texted Belinda.

Bel. Can you help me tomorrow? I want to do what Ms. Styles said. Help me to our house tomorrow. I'm going to get some pictures of my parents.

Seconds later, Belinda replied.

Sure. Text me tomorrow. :)

I sigh. I haven't seen my parent's faces. Even on pictures. Whenever Demi told us about how they look, I just imagined their faces. I have no plans on seeing them but because of Ms. Styles I have to do it. This is crazy as hell! Seeing their faces is like taking a peek on what hell looks like. 

I knew it. This town will force me to remind me of them. 

A knock startled me.

When I opened the door, I saw my guy bestfriend's handsome face. "Hi! Uhm, you shaved?" I asked her and she nodded.

He just came by to say goodbye. He and his Dad, Mr. McInnes have some errands to run. I guess it's something to do with Sayer's sister, Lianne. 

Lianne has been lost for almost 2 years that's why he and his Dad continue their search. Hoping that someday, they'll find her. 

I feel so sorry for Sayer. If I'm in his position, I'm going to die. I love my siblings so much. Being away form them makes me incomplete. Especially, Mika. my cute, sweet and very bubbly niece. 

Sayer said goodbye and we hug each other for a long time. I love the company I have with Sayer, he's a real bestfriend where I can be myself when I'm with him.

When Sayer was gone, the feeling of being alone appeared. I'm in need of company. I know just where to go!

I went to Yves's apartment and found out that he's not there. The sun's going down, maybe he grab some food with his friends.

I thought of going to Lucille's place but the idea of seeing blood again scares me. What if I feel the thirst again?

I was really in need of having some company. Usually, when I'm in need of someone, Jethro appears behind me.

Jethro became one of my closest friend. We laugh at certain things that only the two of us understands. Maybe it was just because Jethro's a bad boy and I once became bad girl. But of course, I have no intention on seeking Sayer's bad ass cousin. 

There's only one person left. Belinda. She's the only one I can call and will surely come.

I was about to knock on her door when I notice that the door was slightly open. I can hear voices inside. I can't help myself from eavesdropping.

"She's the hybrid." I think the voice was from Xavier.

"Why are saying this to me? Do you expect me to believe the two of you?" Belinda protested.

"You have to believe!" Prince said. "It's the truth!" he exclaimed.

"Bel. Allison is the hybrid." Xavier said and I froze.

I am the... what?!

"She is the vampire-human hybrid we're looking for." Xavier said calmly but I can hear from his voice that she was forcing Bel to believe.

"How can you say that she's the hybrid?" she asked.

A cold sensation went through my body whenever I hear the word "HYBRID"

"It's her scent." Prince said and I tried to smell myself. Do I smell bad? "Her smell is sweet and icy even though she's not yet a full vampire hybrid."