The Arrest

-Desireé's P.O.V.-
This is what I called home. The Bates Motel. I lived in Virginia with my fiancé Eli and our daughter Alijah, it was actually her first birthday the day I left. I was now in Arizona, 2,080.6 miles away from my family.

My windshield wipers swooshed away the rain that mirrored the aching in my heart

My windshield wipers swooshed away the rain that mirrored the aching in my heart. I pulled into my usual parking spot and climbed out. My green eyes meeting my neighbour who I greeted with a soft but pained smile.

Shutting the door I collapsed into my bed. I had rented out a single bed room, and I literally got what I paid for. The room had a bathroom, just about and a bed. That's it. No cooking facilities nothing. What a home!

I bowed my head and closed my watery eyes  trying to digest one of the many messages from my beloved Elijah, begging me to come home

I bowed my head and closed my watery eyes trying to digest one of the many messages from my beloved Elijah, begging me to come home. But I couldn't.

Growing up my father, Donovan Greening, was a wanted fugitive. We were on the run for around 7 years before he was finally caught. I begged Elijah to ensure that I didn't stumble down that very same path. But somehow I always managed to get myself into the wrong crowds.

After birthing our adored Alijah, who was named after her father because she was him! In every way! I began to get myself into some pretty bad circumstances. Those same situations that brought me to flee our family home. I couldn't put Ali through the same things Donovan put me through.

My mother Robyn Holt tried her best to rectify any trauma my father caused, but I was too damaged. Therapy didn't help, a mental institution, didn't work. The institute lead me to Elijah, who tried to his very best to steer me clear of all of that, but here I am still.

On the run.

I huffed as I threw myself around until I found a comfortable position. The three weeks of being away from Elijah was a shock to my system. The warmth of his arms around me, soothed me straight to sleep, now all I had was a crisp cool sheet. And that just wasn't working for me.