The Epilogue

-Elijah's P.O.V.-

"If you manage to get out of here alive, then I'm gonna castrate you!" She whispered to me, in the most terrifying tone I've ever heard her speak in

Since our son was distressed, we were urged to have an emergency induction, which unfortunately progressed her labour quite vastly. The process was moving so quickly compared to that last 46 hours, that it was too late for any kind of medication or pain relief. As soon as we were told that, Desireé flipped! Sudden death threats and places where she was gonna bury me, screamed my way, as she tried every way possible to break at least one of my bones. Her words.

"Okay with this next contraction I need you to push the hardest you ever pushed! Let's get this baby delivered!" The midwife said.

"Come on Baby!" I encouraged as she glared at me.

"Does he have to be In here?" She panted shoving me across the room as I tried to comfort her

"And push!" The midwife laughed shaking her head.

"E L I J A H ! !" She cried as I carefully made my way back to her, her hand snatched mine up and clamped down on it as tightly as she could, whilst pushing with all of her might.

Suddenly our sons cry filled the room and Dee let go of my hand so she clasp it around her mouth.

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Greening! You have a healthy baby boy! Dad, would you like to cut the cord?"

I nodded nervously as Dee watched on crying, I followed the midwifes instructions and did as I was told before finally laying eyes on my son. Our son!

"Baby! He's got your eyes too!" I said as my tears escaped.

Things eventually quietened down as our son slept in Dee's arms. She couldn't help but stare at him, because he was her exact replica, with a few hints of myself in there. I smiled as she kissed his nose.