VII: Minding pt 2

"How many more?" David's assistant handed her new favorite forest green body suit to David's assistant, ready to try the next.

"Just a few more, cara mia," I replied. "They're all winter dresses. It's gotten chilly outside so whichever one you like most, you can leave wearing that."

We had been in David's shop for an hour and a half and gone through eighty-seven articles of clothing. She liked seventy-six of them, but we're purchasing all in case her aunt liked them. Of course I didn't mind. I would take her to ten different shops and bought the same amount of clothing there. She deserved it even if she didn't want it. He wasn't going to treat her this way. Hell, he couldn't even afford it really. I could so I did. I loved every single second.

"Denise," David called to his receptionist. "Will you ring Mr. Esposito up for us please? It'll be up to $1056. They get half off."

"Even?" She asked.

"Yes. I did the math then rounded it up. No need to keep these lovely people here longer than they need to be," David examined the red knitted dress that he had pulled off the rack.

"That's fine, David," I assured. "I think we're enjoying Oly's two hour modeling career." I chuckled, pulling out my wallet.

Olyvette stepped out of the closet with her tongue out. "It'll be longer than two hours one day. You just watch, Boris!" She giggled as she looked in he mirror. She posed, turned to the side, and thought for a moment. "I like it. Something's missing though. I'll just add some hoop earrings and I'll be fine!"

She took the red dress from David. "Oh I love this shade! It reminds me of my mother's wedding! Most of the decorations were this color and everyone wore black. My mother wore this beautiful white dress of her dreams and it had red stitching at the bottom, while my father wore a white suit with red shirt and white tie." She continued to admire the dress. "Sorry! Story time over!" Giggling, Olyvette went back into the changing room.

It really was a beautiful wedding. I still use the red tie that was given to the groomsmen from time to time. I was the best man, taking the place of her father's brother.

I now remember seeing Olyvette who was seven then. I was twenty-six, not wishing to be anywhere else but in the chapel, supporting the man that made me who I am today.

I felt even worse, being reminded of Olyvette's age. I seem like some type of predator and if we ever got so serious, our peers would never see me as her lover. I'd be seen as nothing more than a sugar daddy and she as my harlot. I wanted to be more than that. Much more.

"Boris," Olyvette interrupted my thoughts with her hands on her hips. "What do you think?"

I looked up from the ground and examined the tight fitting sweater dress. It emphasized her curves and the size of her bust. She looked amazing as always. "Ya know what, it would look great with a black belt."

She placed her hands on her hips. "What you want me to look like? Santa Claus? Come sit on my lap, Mr. Esposito, and tell me what you want for Christmas."

I rolled my eyes, laughing hard. "I was just making suggestions." I shrugged, smiling up at her. She looked herself up and down in the mirror, then posed for David to snap a few pictures in front of a gray, rose patterned wall. "Plus," I said. "I didn't know I had an opinion on what you looked like."