X: Three Women

Since twelve years of age, I never let women scare me. This time was different. This was a gang bang. Not just a guy with a shank in prison. Three women highly disappointed in me. I had honestly considered running.

"You know what," Tia looked at the women beside her. "Becky, go to your desk, and Oly, go sit on the bench. Let me speak with Boris and understand what the hell is going on in his head."

She pushed the two women out and closed the door behind her. "Have a seat, Boris." She gestured to one of the chairs in front of my desk. Obeying, I sat my ass in the chair. "I'm not going to yell," she said. "I'm honestly not all that upset. If she and Nathaniel are over for good, I don't care who she's with. It could be a damn serial killer for all I care. If she's happy then I'm happy," she chuckled.

Olyvette had it good when it came to her parents. Her mother and father supported her no matter what. Her father more protective than her mother. They both just wanted her smiling and living the best life that she could have.

Tia Fassbender was only a year younger than me and acted decades older. She scared me a little. Only because her husband was good at fighting and I'm sure he taught her and at this point in life I knew she wasn't taking any shit from anyone. One would say that she didn't get to live like a "teenager," solely because of her putting herself in a relationship with Michael and being pregnant with Olyvette.

I had sympathy for her, even though she put herself in the situation. It was just the fact that she didn't know what she was in for with that relationship. She did deserve better than that, but what matters is that she's happy now with the same family. Becky, my assistant, being apart of that family as Michael's daughter and Tia's best friend.

"Are you going to tell him," I asked her. "I mean about Olyvette and I."

She shook her head. "Nope. You are," she let out a bit of a laugh before writing down her address as if I could forget where they lived. "You and Oly are coming to dinner tonight and you will tell him all about it yourselves!"

I took the slip of paper from her and read it to double check. "He's going to murder me."

She shrugged and picked up her purse. "You already knew. Just don't get blood on my white rug."

I rolled my eyes while her back was turned and leant back in my chair. "Do I need to bring anything?"

"Expensive, tasty wine." She walked to the door and opened it, stepping out of the room. "See you tonight, Boris!"

Leaving the door open, she allowed room for her daughter to step in. Olyvette closed the door behind herself and looked at me. "So..?"

"Soo," I looked up at her, picking up my pen and dropping it on the desk repeatedly. "Should we match to your parents house? Is the interior still red, black, and tan?"

"Wait," she held her hand up and sat across from my desk. "We're going to my parents house?"

"Yup! For dinner," I began closing drawers and putting things away. "We're having to inform Michael of the situation. I personally think it's a little too early for me to meet death, even though we actually talk everyday. I say we wear a blue shade or you wear the blue and I'll wear gray. Sounds great."

"So she didn't yell at you whatsoever? She just told you to come to dinner?" Olyvette gave me a worrisome look. "And we're telling Dad about something that's only been going on for a few hours?"

I stood from my chair and fixed my shirt before going to Olyvette and kneeling in front of her. "Listen, I know it sounds crazy, but we'll just have to make it seem like it has been going on for a few days at least. I mean hell, I've had my eye on you since that night you played at the club."

"Aww! Really?" She put her hand over her heart and smiled wide.

"Yes," I nodded. "I'll tell you more about it on the way to your mother's house." I took her hand and gently pulled her up with me before grabbing her bag and handing it to her. "Again, what color should we wear?"