The Devil's Plan

Diablo's POV

May 24th...maybe I'll send him some caléndulas. Nah, I gotta focus on this deal; Monty better not screw me over. I'm paying him a lot of money to get me intel on the cops, and he should know that I don't take kindly to wasting money. I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and decide to see who's callin'. Oh! It's Katie! I hit answer and put the phone to my ear,

"Heeeeey my best friend in the whole wide world!" she starts.

"I'm not lending you money for K-pop tickets, niñita." I tell her right off the bat.

"Bitch it's BTS 2nd Generation's first concert in the US and I reeeeally wanna see it!!!" she whines.

"This is why I tell you to save up."

"You still owe me for not turning you into the police, asshole!"

"Which I repaid by paying for your top and bottom surgery, Mr. Weathers." I tease.

"MISS!"

"Yeah I know, but i gotta go. I got a meeting with a 'friend' of mine."

"Is this about that damn Mexico thing."

"Yeah, and that's all you need to know."

I told her bye and hung up; I didn't wanna be late for my meeting with officer lâche. I need to know if he'll be capable of keeping the cops off my trail. I walk outta my warehouse and walk about half a mile to my royal blue 2020 Camry; my baby and the second greatest love of my life. I get in and press the button to start her up. Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm. Damn listen her purr; she was definitely worth every penny. I get to the meeting spot in about an hour and forty minutes; getting outta my car I can see the fear in his eyes.

"Que pasa oficial." I start while walking up to him with a grin tugging at my lips.

"Am I still putting my money to good use?" As I say this he just nods before handing me a couple of papers.

"T-this is all the information I've obtained this week." he says in a nervous voice.

"Oh come on compañero, don't be so stiff. I'm payin' you twice the amount they pay you in the police force; least you could do is feel comfortable around me." I say while patting his shoulder. 

He desperately tries to relax, but it's in vain. I inform him that on June 15th, I needed him to keep the cops away from the dock down the road of 8th street. With that note, I get in my car and drive off to the Bayley Seton Hospital. If I leave now I'll be able to get Angel some flowers before I head over to Emmanuel's and pick up the stuff. Time to pay my former angel cake a little visit.