4$

It had taken him half an hour to finish his program and write an email to his professor yesterday. Three months of frustration and Namjoon had solved the problem within two days. Namjoon, the one who had asked him to rob a bank with him. After he had left the programmer's apartment yesterday with his request to overthink his proposal, the idea had constantly occupied his mind. It was too crazy to be true, but the black-haired had sounded dead-serious.

Taehyung sipped on his morning coffee, squatting on his couch and staring down his reflection in the TV's black screen, a war going on inside his head. The bored half wanted to belief what Namjoon had said and jump in head over heels, the other half told him this had to be bullshit and he should ignore it.

Half an hour later the bored side had won, and he put on some jeans and plugged in his headset, rushing out the door to meet the crazy programmer. What was there to lose?

><

The crimson was once again greeted by black boxer briefs and bare chest. Well, the programmer had a point, for it was summer and the air inside his room was warm and stuffy. But after some seconds, Taehyung had to give up on trying not to stare. Going against his dirty mind was always foreseen to fail.

He took a deep breath, lifting his eyes up to meet Namjoon's for at least some seconds, "I'm in."

Silence. Silence in which the taller scanned every feature of his face to see if he was serious.

"I want to clarify something," Namjoon eventually broke the tension, that had built up, "If you screw me over, I'll ruin you completely. Your university record, your bank account, your social media, everything. You understand that?"

Taehyung gulped. Scary Namjoon was back. After some seconds of searching for his cochonnes and getting himself together, he gave his opponent a confident nod, accompanied by a serious 'Yes, Sir'.

The programmer's face lit up barely visible, and he gestured to follow him. This time, he went in the opposite direction from his room. Taehyung had always suspected a second room as big as the first, because the apartment simply had to be symmetrical. The main entrance was opposite to kitchen and bathroom, but until today he had just seen the room on the left side. Now, Namjoon was guiding him to the right, opening the white door.

The room was like a big tool-box, and the crimson was amazed by what he found. The first thing, again, was a computer with a screen wall, but this time, there were only two screens, fixed on the wall, with a table beneath, that took the whole width of the wall, about five meters. Underneath the long table, Taehyung could see a black tool-kit and some more black and metal boxes, suitcases and briefcases. Above the screens was a wooden bar which showed a collection of black flash drives, neatly hung on hooks and labeled. Above the table and plastering the rest of the room's walls were white shelfs, every open segment holding another technical tool which Taehyung could not name, some hidden in gray boxes. Occasionally, the neat raster of squares was interrupted by a larger space for bigger supplies. The only thing that was not covered were the balcony doors. The curtain rod on the right held some outfits on hangers: the first a pattered button-down with black dress pants, the second a suit and the third what looked like a security uniform, the rest a bunch of button-downs in different colors. The center of the room was a big rectangular table with a light panel as surface, covered with white tracing paper and equipped with a pen holder and supplies for sketching.

This was amazing. He felt like someone had beamed him into an action movie, and this was the headquarters. He could not hold back a hysterical laugh. Excitement nearly made him burst.

"I guess, the first thing you need to know is which bank we are going to rob," Namjoon said, standing behind him with crossed arms, displaying a crook smile.