Chapter Two

*Clint's POV*

The Basketball Ball Court

"You are late!" Destiny yelled, from the top of the bleachers, as soon as she saw me.

"And you have already started eating! What about 'Sharing is caring'?" I joked as I made my way up to her. She just shrugged in response and kept on devouring her sandwich.

"By the way why are we here today? What about the twins?" I opened up my lunch box and the delicious aroma of homemade cheesecake filled my nostrils. Mrs. Hess, my housekeeper insists on me taking my own lunch to school, calling the cafeteria's food 'Poisonous junk'. Can't argue with that, can I? I put a spoonful of cake in my mouth, "Heaven..." I groaned.

"Sam texted me in the morning, he said they want to eat with their cousin today. So I thought, why shouldn't we eat in here? I like the peace." She wagged a fry at me.

I took it from her and put it in my mouth.

Destiny looked at me as if I had hurt a puppy, talk about over-dramatic. "Here," I offered her a spoonful of cake with a peace sign. Immediately she grinned and took it from me. "Mrs. Hess is the best cook." She stated approvingly.

"I think I saw Sam's cousin..." I told her about what had happened back in the corridors, and how Sam acted as if we were mortal enemies.

"Trust Sam to make up a scene like that, he must be trying to pull some prank on his poor cousin." She was amused by my story.

"I think so too. Do you know her name?" I tried to ask as nonchalantly as possible.

Her eyebrows rose up slightly, "Her name's Evelyn Grant. She is from the city, moved here for some family matters, two days ago. Her Dad had bought the abandoned brickwork building near the Creek and the Smith's bungalow."

"I just asked for her name, not her background." I rolled my eyes at her. She laughed at me, poking me in the sides. "Stop that Dude," I said laughing.

We settled to eat again, "How do you even know so much about her?"

"Me and Vic actually talk when we hang out, and not just play video games the whole time, like you and Sam." She said in mock superiority.

"I see." I simply replied not wanting to talk about the new girl anymore, lest she would tease me to death and back. "Are you still up for tonight?" I changed the subject.

"You bet, should I ask the twins to bring Evelyn too?" She asked as she wiggled her eyebrows mischievously, emphasising on the new girl's name.

I gave her my not-finding-funny expression; she chuckled but returned to her normal self.

"You can ask them if, you want to." I told her in a monotone. She nodded finishing her sandwich.

"We should get going now, the bell would ring soon," she said. I nodded, standing up and putting the empty lunch box back in my bag.

After School

"Good evening sir." David smiled as he opened the car door for me.

I greeted him back and thanked him as I climbed in the backseat. He got in and started the engine.

David is my bodyguard. My father had been in politics for a decade now, and just a year ago he won the elections for the Governor of Wellsville, for the second time in a row. And as his son I am required to have security with me wherever I go. Not what I want, but Dad wouldn't hear me out on this topic or on any topic for the record.