Timeline, Bloodline

"It's your only chance!" the man yelled at me. "If he finds you that will be the end of it!"

"But I can't go! What about my parents?!" I shouted.

"It is your safety they worry for!" He shouted. "You have to go!"

He pulled out three white stones and piled them in a tower. One on top of the other. He began saying an incantation and the stones glowed. I heard a banging at the door and he chanted the incantation faster. The door burst open and the stones released a white light.

"Wake up, Sue!" I heard from the other side of the door, banging on it.

"God, Nate." I mumbled in my pillow.

I was still a little queasy from the dream I had last night. I lived in an orphanage with other children. Nate was the oldest boy of eighteen. He would be leaving soon along with me. I turned eighteen a few days ago and Nate was looking for a place to live. His friends and I had found a few places, but we wanted to make sure that we had enough room for six people to live in.

I liked Nate. Sure, he was a trouble maker and a rebel, but he was cute. He had short black hair and was built hard and strong. I was surprised that he gathered enough money to buy a Dodge Avenger due to him not having a job. The money he got was from a gambling ring. He was a hell of a card player and was nearly unbeatable. He earned the name 'James Bond' due to him nearly losing, but always pulled out a hidden ace in the hole. He never smoked, never drank, and never did drugs. He lost his parents that way.

His father was an alcoholic and a heavy smoker. Nate was six when his father drove the car into a semi while he was drunk. The crash killed his parents and left him with a broken leg and heart. He still showed a bit of a limp, but his leg was still functional. He could run fast and walk properly.

Myself, on the other hand. I was found naked in an ally, with no memory of who I was. I only knew my name and how old I was. I was twelve when I was found by a cop. He did everything he could do to find my parents. I had no birth certificate and no last name. He gave me some clothes and  brought me to this orphanage. The orphanage was run by a woman named Sandra. She seemed nice at first, but she was really mean and abusive to the children. She said that I was an orphan because I was unwanted and unloved. It was her that was gave me the name Sue Doe.

I climbed out of my bed and headed for the bathroom, still in my T-shirt and short which I wore to bed. I spotted Nate going under the staircase to the living room where he and his friends had set up a massive entertainment center. Video game systems and Blu-ray were hooked up the the sixty inch plasma mounted in the wall. Sandra didn't bother objecting, because it gave her something to place the younger kids in front of while was out looking for men to sleep with. Nate was more or less the leader and father figure of the orphanage. He may be big and strong, but he was gentle toward the other smaller kids. I often felt out of place for me being the oldest girl there. The second oldest, Chloe, was eleven. There were a total of fifteen kids at the orphanage. Nate and his friends, Bart, Victor, Art, and Oliver were the oldest boys of eighteen. Followed by Davis, Pete, John, Jimmy, and Lionel. They ranged from six to fifteen. The girls were Tessa, Diana, Chloe, and Alicia. Alicia was the youngest of five years. She had long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She was soft spoken and she had a huge crush on Nate. Her and Chloe had crushes on Nate. Even I did. He was cute.

After my shower and changing into clean clothes. Bart was in the kitchen in a red shirt and jeans with an apron wrapped around his waist cooking pancakes.

"Why are you wearing and apron, Bart?" I asked.

"I lost a bet with Tessa." he grumbled.

"Shut up, Art!" Bart snapped.

"That will teach him from messing with Tessa, eh Vic?" Oliver asked.

 "Yep, and we are not going to forget this." Victor said, snapping a picture of Bart in the apron on his phone.

"Okay, you three, knock off the humor of our little maid." Nate said coming in.

I smiled at Nate and hid my face from him. He was wearing his traditional black shirt and dark jeans with black boots. He had short black hair and he had the most beauitful blue eyes i had ever seen. They matched the sky and brightened whenever he had a new idea, but they lit up when ever he was with the younger kids. He liked younger kids and and he always scheduled a movie night for them every Friday. He always had a ring worn around his neck under his shirt that belonged to his mother. He loved his mother very much and she was always there to comfort him when his father wasn't there. His father loved his drink more than he did playing catch with Nate. I don't think he ever loved his son. Nate never talked much about his parents and I couldn't blame him. He didn't even know them. At least he met them. I didn't even know my parents.

Did they love me? Did they even want me? Why would they leave me naked in that ally? The police didn't find any evidence of sexual abuse or abuse. It was as if I just appeared out of nowhere. i was just glad that a cop found me first and not some gangbanger.

The younger kids came in for breakfast and sat down as Bart served the pancakes.

"Eat quickly, becuase we are going to the museum today."

After that, the kids cheered. They had wanted to go to the museum for a while and now they had the chance to see it.