What Was That?!

Its the night of June 9, 1958. And Mama & Papa along with Uncle Ray & Aunt Francis, are out on a dinner treat. While back at the house, B.J., and the rest of the children along with Uncle Ray's children: Trinity Franklin, Henry Franklin, & Curtis Franklin along with some other cousins:  George McIntyre, and Johnny McIntyre, we're at the house having their own fun.

Earlier, when the adults left, they started off having a pillow fight with the result of feathers being scattered everywhere. Then they started playing music, dancing, and lip syncing to various musical artists and groups such as James Brown & The Famous Flames, B.B. King, Big Joe Turner, Elvis Presley, etc. But the Party seems to have come to a crashing halt when the children heard the glass of a window being busted out.

B.J.: What in the world was that?!

Mary: Bunny!....What did you do?!

Bunny: I didn't do anything!

*Mary gives her a suspicious look*

Mary: cut the music off Johnny.

*Johnny moves the needle off the record.*

Mary: *to bunny* what did you break?

Bunny: I didn't break anything Mary. I swear.

Mary: then what broke? because I heard that break noise

George: I heard it too. But it sounded like it came from your parents’ room.

Mary: George. how can it come from our parents’ room and nobody's in there.

Yahya: who knows? Maybe a vase slipped off the bed or something. *to Bunny* Bunny why don't you go check it out.

Bunny: Okay.

*Bunny goes to the door to Mama & Papa’s room and slowly pushes it open. Then she tip toes inside, looks to her left to see nothing, but when she looked to her right, she notices that the window was broken completely out with the glass on the floor. Then she looks even more to the right into the master bathroom and spots a unknown person with a knife in his hand, and a mask covering his/her face That turns around and looks at Bunny. She screams as she darts out of the room and into Trinity arms.

Trinity: WHAT!! WHAT’S GOING ON?!! What did you see?!

Bunny: *pointing to the direction of the room* a...a b..bur..a..a...bu.

Johnny: what happened?!

Bunny: a...a...ther...there's a stranger inside Mommy's room!!

Trinity: you're saying that there's a burglar inside Mo’callie’s room?!

Andre: im sorry! Did somebody just say a burglar?!

Velesa: Yes Dre. A burglar!!

Mickey: Y'all we gotta get outta here!

Henry: we gotta call the police!

*The kids starts chattering in fear. Until Mary raises her voice*

Mary: Be quiet! Everybody be quiet!

*the chattering stops*

Mary: *inside voice* first and foremost we gotta use our inside voices since there is somebody in here. And I recommend that we sneak in the room and see if the so called burglar has left out.

Trinity: you crazy as ever! I ain't going over there!

Bunny: me either! I'm staying with Trinity!

Mary: alright Velesa, Johnny, George, Three of you come with me.

George: Dag-burn it!! I ain't goin’ back there!!!

Mary: okay then Henry. Come with me.

*B.J. turns on his flashlight and comes along with the four walking slowly to the room. the other kids slowly creeps up also, but then, the children screams and back away as the unknown person jumps across the hallway from Mama & Papa’s room to the boys’ room.*

Curtis: Aye! Aye! George open the front door!

*he opens the front door.*

Curtis: *whispering* guys let’s sneak outta here….slowly.

*the children starts to sneak outta of the house slowly and quietly, but that is until they heard footsteps coming from the dark kitchen. B.J. flashed his flashlight in the area to discover yet ANOTHER unknown person with a mask running towards the kids! they scream out of fear as they all dart out of the house and begin running down the driveway of the house and into the street.*

Mary: *running down the street* AH! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! RUN..FOR.. DEEEEEAR LIIIIIFE!!   

*the children runs a block down then hides behind the big trees.*