The Date

I check myself in the mirror over and over again. But the more I look the more unperfect I become. A mark here, a scar there. Everything is just becoming worst!

"okay, stop staring at the mirror, Carmen."

I look at my feet. They're okay. They're small and faint.

"I like you, feet.", I say as I begin to smile. Me feet are probably the only thing I like about myself.

I've always had a strange affection to people's feet. I guess your feet represent your life story: where did you come from and where will you go.

The feet is the only part of the body that is constantly in contact with the earth, the land. And I love he earth.

I walk up to the window thinking that the cold (earth) wind may calm me down.

I open the window.

There are stars everywhere and the moon is bright. So bright and big! It looks like sky was made just for me. Just for this night.

"It's beautiful....", I say to myself.

"And so are you!", an irish accent wakes me up from my day dreaming and I colapse into reality. He is standing 4 meters under me. I'm paralised. what am I supposed to do? I never went on a date!

"Are you coming down?", he jokes, smiling.

"ah-ah yes...yes. Of course!", I force a smile but it comes out wierd.

As I open the front door I begin to think in a millions things. My brain is now an explosion of insecuritys, a tsunami of fears, a storm of-

"You look stunning.", he says. My whole body relaxes for some unknown reason and all those thoughts desapear. Just like that, with just his voice, they're gone.

"Oh thank you, you too look very attractive.", I smile (a real smile).

"Shall I lead you to the limusine?", he gives me his arm but I reject it.

"Limusine?", I start to feel angry. He was obviously using his money to impress me! I hate that kind of stuff! Why can't he just be himself?

"I don't wanna go by limusine.", I firmly say.

"What?", by his facial expression I can tell his totally lost. "Look, I feel bad enough for not being able to drive or moving around by myself, can't we just go on that limusine?"

"No.", I cross my arms so he can see that my mind is set. "If you can't drive, we order a cab!", I smile.

he growles.

"Okay.", he looks back at his limusine driver and tells him he could go back home and he'll call him when his needed. "There, you happy?", he says looking straight into my eyes. That intense blue prefuring my soul.

"Ah.... Yes! Very happy!", I giggle and grab his arm.

***

"You arrived your destination.", the GPS says with his unconfortable robot voice.

"It'll be 25£.", the rude looking cab driver mumbles.

Niall pays the cab driver before I can even reach my wallet.

"Hey!", I say messing with him.

"What? You weren't going to let me pay the cab either?", He smiles teasing me.

I smile back. I like this guy.

He opens the door for me and I enter what it seams to be a five star restaurant.

"Ugh I'm so unconfortable here...", I whisper.

"what did you say?", he whispers back as a waitress shows us our seats. Her breats are huge and her long blond hair is brighter than the sun itmself. wow she's gorgeous. But he doesn't seam to notice. In fact, he can't take his eyes of me.