prologue

Saturday July 15th:

Manhattan, New York.

Today is the beginning. Summer has finally begun and I can feel it in the air. You know when the mood around you changes and you just realize that now, you have the whole summer ahead of you to do whatever you want?

I had that epiphany today.

Also today is the day that my best friend Ashton and I are starting our road trip.

Senior year is over, no worries, no problems.

Today a bandana covers his curls, pushing the sweaty pieces of dirty blonde hair out of his eyes. He smiled at me, the corners of his eyes crinkling, something that only happened when he was really happy.

"Aren't you excited? Best summer ever!" he exclaimed, putting yet another one of our many bags into the trunk.

"Of course I'm excited Ashton," I said, pulling my equally sweaty hair up into a ponytail. The city heat was getting to both of us and I knew we just wanted to escape. Escape the noise of the city and venture out into a world full of sleepless nights, endless cups of coffee and stops at random motels when we finally got tired.

"Where to first m'lady?" Ashton asked me as we hopped into the car. I laughed as I looked at the map in front of me.

"Do we even have a plan Ash?"

"No, but that's the point," he said, tapping the map with his bony finger.

"Well then, I say first stop," I closed my eyes, waving my finger around the right side of the page, trying to stay on the east coast. I plopped my finger down on the page, the pad of my finger brushing against the map. I opened my eyes and looked at the paper, "North Carolina!" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"North Carolina it is," he said starting the engine.

I had no idea what was in store for this summer, however, I knew that this one was going to be the best one I'd ever had.

i just started this for fun but i thought i may as well post it anyways yeaaaaah! thanks to everyone reading my stuff :)

xx grace