Amortentia (Drarry)

Harry has always hated potions.

Maybe it was because of his old slimy teacher, Professor Snape, or maybe it was because of the fact he had it with Slytherins who wanted to ruin his life.

Either way, whenever it was on his timetable, he dreaded it.

He was sat at the Gryffindor table, Ron and Hermione flanking him as he munched on some treacle tart Hermione had bought him for Christmas.

"What's up, Harry?" Ron asked, his mouth stuffed with bits of chicken.

"Ronald, please don't speak with your mouthful." Hermione said, wrinkling her nose as she read Hogwarts: A History for the trillionth time.

Ron just stuck his tongue out at her, spraying bits of food over the table.

"I don't know what you mean, Ron, I'm fine. I'm just dreading potions" I replied to his earlier question.

"Me too" Ron agreed, having now swallowed his food.

Hermione smiled at her best friends,
"I agree also, but maybe it'll be different this year?"

They all stared at each other for a minute before Ron and Harry burst out laughing.

"Good one, 'Mione" Harry laughed, his head thrown back, he didn't notice a certain Slytherin watching him intently, wishing he was the one who could make him laugh like that.

"Yeah" Ron snorted, wiping tears from his blue eyes.

⚡️🐍Time Skip🐍⚡️

Harry sighed, after Herbology he had potions.

"Well," Harry thought, "at least I'm in a class with Draco...maybe I'll get a seat were I can check out his ass.."

His thoughts were ended as Mrs Sprout tottered over, smiling at the class.

Mrs Sprout said something about some water plant or whatever, before Harry's mind wandered back to the gorgeous Slytherin.

He had changed a lot this year, (6th year) at first, Harry suspected he had gotten the dark mark, but Draco had actually turned less snarky and more sarcastic. He seemed happier and livelier and Harry hated it. He hated it because every time Draco smiled or laughed Harry's heart fluttered like a butterfly. He hated it because now he didn't have an excuse to watch him, so Hermione and Ron had to keep reminding him to not to stare, 'he's good now' they repeated. He hated it because now that Draco was finally being himself, he was so goddamn attractive inside and out and Harry didn't know what to do about it. There's nothing more that Harry hated than what he couldn't have. But, he couldn't be mad at Draco, after all, he liked him. A lot.

Once the lesson was over, the Golden Trio trudged to the dungeons for double potions.

(AN: In this one shot, the real Mad-Eye is the D.A.D.A teacher and Snape is the potions teacher)

They sat in their original seats, most people hoping and praying they'd be moved to a better seat.

Snape burst through the door, his cloak billowing behind him like a shadow as he stalked to the front of the classroom.
He waved his hand at us, telling us we should all stand up; we did so.

"Welcome back to potions." Snape muttered, "We have only started this extraordinary subject after Christmas because I had some things to sort out for Dumbledore, but, because of the amount of lessons we've missed, I will be putting the more able students next to the lower level students to hopefully-"Snape glared at me"-raise their standard."

Snape flicked his wand and the room reorganised so that there could only be two to a desk,
"There will be a piece of card with your name on it and that is where you will be sat. Now go!" He barked, then went and sat at his black desk.