No More Reasons

“I hate every single thing about you! You think you belong here, low-class grotesque?” a woman wearing diamonds and golds all over her body asked while she's raising her eyebrows along with her smirking lips.

“I hate myself too. I don't even know why Im here myself.” then I smiled bitterly sweet as I turned around and searched for an attic.

I always ask myself, why people kept on throwing hates on me as if they don't have everything?

They have lots of bucks in the palm of their hands – with that, they can buy anything they want even if it costs a hundred thousands.

They have friends.

A happy family.

What else are they looking for?

“Why are they wasting their time criticizing me? Judging me as if they know a single damn about me – about the things I've gone through.. Tell me, why..?” Then suddenly, tears fell from my eyes.

When it is getting dark outside, I decided to stood up and walk towards our home.

I'm starving, I wonder what did my Mom prepared for tonight's dinner?” I said to myself as I rubbed my tummy.

While Im walking and appreciating the nice view, I suddenly heard gun shots near our place. I don't know why, but I have the feeling that I need to hurry home ward.

I ran as fast as I could, it seems like my feet were moving on its own.

Finally, I reached our home, the door is slightly opened – no, the doorknob is broken as if someone tried to sneak in.

I slowly opened the door and all I can see is that everything is wrecked.

The paintings hanging on the wall were gone. Papers were scattered all over the place. The glass windows were shattered into pieces.

There are gun bullets everywhere.

What had happened?

I wandered around and stopped for a while as I saw blood continuously flowing on the floor.

Blood dripping.

It's coming from my Mom's bedroom.

I hurriedly ran towards her room but I was too late.

I saw her lying on the floor with knives on different parts of her body, she was badly beaten before she died..

“Mother.. what are you doing here..? It is already 6:34 in the evening, have you prepared our dinner already..?” I kneeled on the floor, trying to sink everything in my mind.

Im trembling.

I can't breathe as if something's stucked in my chest.

I wanted to believe that these weren't real but I don't want myself to believe in such lies.

“Who did this..? Who the hell did this?!” I screamed then tears started to form and it fell like a pouring rain in the middle of a desolated dessert.

I wanted to seek revenge but I am too tired of this life — sugarcoated with white lies.

Years had passed,

I met someone I thought I can live with for such a long time, but I was wrong. I've always been wrong.

Of all the people, why her? Why not somebody else? Why does it need to be her?

“I trusted you, Olivia! You killed someone so dear to me! You're the one who made my life miserable.” I shouted right in front of her face as if there are no people around us.

“No, Kristen! You're wrong! The phone call was fake! Believe me!” she responded – trying to deceive me.

“I believed in you all this time. You're a friend of mine, you are the only one who approached me when nobody intended to. But knowing that you – you killed my Mother, that's a completely different story.” I said with such anger on my voice trying not to let my tears fall.

“The phone call was--”

I don't care about the phone call! I heard you, Olivia. I heard everything, I have known the truth coming from your own mouth, with your own words.”

She covered her mouth with her hands while tears were dripping from her sinful eyes.

I turned my back at her and bid goodbye, as if everything was okay – as if it is okay for me to lose her.

I gave her the trust I thought she deserved, but in the end, the trust we built after so many years doesn't have any sense.

All this time,
I was busy searching for reasons to live.

Why didn't I realized that there are no reasons to live anymore? That no matter how long I search for it, I will never find it.

I came back to our home five years ago, yes five years full of despair had passed. I can still remember my Mother's genuine smile that means so much to me.

We were so happy before, but shits happened. Our life that was peaceful, full of happiness and laughters suddenly disappeared.

My life was cursed.

Knife that I was afraid of before,
An old chair, I never thought would be this important to me, in the count of four,

One, Two, Three, Four,

A rope where I was hanging.

Mother, we will be together again.

Im Kristen Parso and my life was finally over.

-

© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.