now

Don't ask me how but somehow you persuaded me to do karaoke with you and Youngjae.

Jackson told me you were a great singer, the best of the group even. Everyone else agreed so I was looking forward to hear you sing.

The song was easily chosen, Loser by Bigbang. We decided who would sing which parts and we began while the other four watched from the sofa.

Jackson had lied. Everyone had lied. You were terrible.

I guess that was what made it even funnier for the others since Jackson and Mark looked like they were both crying from laughter.

I was very surprised that Youngjae was a pretty decent rapper.

The song ended and everyone applauded.

You came up to me and told me I had a beautiful voice. I could feel the heat rise up to my cheeks.

Mark and Jackson engulfed you in a big hug and told you how much your voice improved. You said you knew that you sounded like an angelic choir and that it was nice that they finally noticed your talent too.

Maybe it was the adrenaline from singing in front of people, maybe it was because of your words or maybe it was just the whole atmosphere on its own.

But a chuckle escaped my lips.

Every conversation stopped as they all realized it at the same time.

It was the first time they saw me smile, yet alone chuckle.