Flight Back Home

Chapter 1

How It All Started

Lee Jin Ra

8 years ago...

So far the outcome of my day today was doing perfectly fine. No fights. No annoying people. No to anything that bugs me off.

Truth be told, it's more of freaking me out actually because luck has never been on my side in this long period of time. It's not that I hate the feeling but it's just that bad luck happens to be on my tail in every single moment of my life.

I continued to drown myself with my thoughts as I silently walked to the school bus. "Oi! Lee Jin Ra!" Kevin Wu, my best friend, snapped me out of my dreams. Oops, I think I forgot about him again. "Dreaming about me?" he jokingly said and I rolled my eyes at him."As if I'd be dreaming about your ugly self, Kev" I snorted and he gasped.

Don't mistake me on that part. It was all just a comeback because the truth is, this egoistic man in front of me has the looks, the "style" as he calls it, and the brains. Yep, the perfect candidate in every girl's dreams. He's Chinese though he doesn't look like it plus his real name is Wu Yi Fan. Kevin Wu is just his English name.

 "Lee! Are you even listening to me?!" he whined and I just shrugged. "Sorry bro but I'd rather be stuck on my own beliefs that yours" I pulled out my tongue to him and he groaned. I just laughed at him and his cuteness and I ruffled his "precious" hair.

I entered the school bus ad I quickly went to my usual seat. The middle part of the bus, beside the window. I leaned my head to the window and I closed my eyes. I then felt Kev sat beside me and he too leaned his head to my shoulders. This is what I love about Kevin, he might be cocky at times but at least he knows how to go with the flow.

Suddenly, the bus started to move and then I opened my eyes and stared at the road. California sure is such a wonderful place and my life here is wonderful. I just hope that we will never leave this place 'cause right now... this place has already won the affection of my heart.

Oh yeah! Before I forget, my name is Lee Jin Ra and I'm a full-blooded Korean. Though, I was born in Korea, I was still raised in this wonderful state. Outside school, they call me using my English name... Leah Lee. Inside school, the call me using the nickname they made just for me... White Lee. Just because my skin color is nearly as white as the snow. Heck, they even call Kevin, White Beast because of his fierce looks and white skin as well. The students there can be really intimidating at times like this.

"Hey Lee. Wake up... Your house is next" Kevin whispered in my ears as he lighty shook me. I groggily opened my eyes and I yawned. "Thanks Kev! I didn't even knew that I fell asleep haha!" I silently said which made him smile and ruffle my hair. "Of course you won't! You're always too busy, dreaming about me" he winked and gagged. "Defiantly not" I said and I kissed his cheeks.

I stood up and left the bus. Suprisingly, dad's car was already parked inside the garage. Dad usually goes home late because he's such a workaholic man but this. This isn't dad. So much curiousity was making my head ache so I opened the door of my house and there it is. The nightmare of my life. Things were packed, luggages were there, and the saddest part was that they never warned me about moving. 

"Mom!" I yelled and she quickly ran down the stairs. "Yes honey?" she smiled at me and I looked at her, unbelievably. "We're moving and you didn't even warned me? Mom! What's this? Some kind of a sick joke 'cause seriously mom, It's not funny!" I fumed and she shamefaced me. "I'm really sorry hun but I was afraid that you'll ran away so we decided to not tell you plus we really need to move back to Korea" she explained. I just shook my head and I went up to my room, not wanting to disrespect my mother more.