Chapter Four

Chapter Four

【5 years earlier】

When was he going to call? When was he going to come to see me?
I kept waiting, it's been a year since I moved in order to become a writer, so far it's been very successful, but at what cost.

I'm lonely, and I miss Takumi.

We were together for 3 years, and I planned to propose...
Until I got a new job and had to move, I knew that it would be hard for Takumi, he doesn't like moving.
I had to break up with him, not because I wanted to, but because I had to.

I miss him more than anything.
All the books in the world couldn't make me love him less.
I based more than half of my books on our love, on what I wish would have happened, if I were to not get the job.

Only days before getting the job, I was planning to get an apartment for the two of us. To get married, and adopt a child.

I wanted to be with him forever, but it's been a year since we've had contact, and I know that it's now over between us, everything we've had...gone.

【4 years later than previous】

I got transferred to Emerald. Everyone welcomed me, but it was a bit overwhelming too. Then, I saw him. Takumi. The man that I haven't seen in 5 whole years, the man I dreamed and loved for so long. I wanted to talk to him, to love him, to kiss him.

Until I saw him holding hands with that guy. Takumi grew up, he looked the same, but I could tell he was different.

The man he was with was quite handsome, but Takumi...he was everything to me.

I hadn't really let go of our relationship, I was still holding onto old feelings and memories, clasping what ever I could.

The second Takumi saw me, he didn't even look happy, just...

Like he was surprised, I didn't even get a feeling that he was happy to see me, he started talking to the taller guy, and I walked over to them.

I just wanted to make contact with Takumi..

【Present Day】

I recently acquired a new boyfriend, it's been a long time. For awhile now, it's just been random hookups, but I was starting to get guilty about it.

This kids name was Shiro. I say kid, because he's 19, and nearly 6 years younger than me.
He's a sweet kid, I really like him, but I'm not sure love is a good way to put it.

Anyway, I brought him to work with me, because he is attending University to be an English Teacher, so any literature practice would be good for him.
I noticed Takumi look over, getting out from Kazuki's car.

By the looks of it, Kazuki was sick today, so he probably would not attend work.
I knew Takumi was watching me, holding hands with Shiro.

I'm sure he had to have felt something at this time.

In fact, I knew he felt something.

Jealousy, which is how I felt since I started this job, but not just jealousy, he felt affection.

Once entering my office, I told Shiro to set up his work and that I'd be right back.

I walked to Takumi's office, and knocked.
By the way he was acting, I could tell he was lonely without Kazuki.

I wanted to take this chance to finally talk to him.
I wanted to be friends again.

It happened, he accepted my gesture for coffee, and I didn't plan for it to be just the two of us, because Shiro was coming with us.

I...just wanted to be close to Takumi,
Once again.