The List

I'm going to tell you guys a story about how I found out that my mum was a psycho woman and I mean messed up in the head!

"Jade, I'm going to work, don't wait up for me as I have extra work to do and will come home late", see you later!
Mum shouted from the bottom of the stairs while I was sleeping in my cozy bed, away from any noise - so I couldn't hear her. She thought I was asleep but I was catching up on my soaps eith my earphones in. All I heard was a mumble so I mumbled back, hopefully it wasn't anything toio serious.

After an hour or so it was 11am. And yes I know. I decided to wake up that early on a Saturday because my fantastic, glorious Mum gave me a list of chores to do such as; clean my room, wash the dishes, hoover upstairs and downstairs, clean the windows, wash the clothes, make some dinner for her ( as if), mop the kitchen, clean the bathroom and then at the bottom of the list it said in bold and red DON'T GO IN THE CELLAR. I mean does she think I would go down there it freaks me out, it's so cold and damp. I mean where's dad when you need him. Wasn't dad suppose to ring up a man to fix the dampness down there?...

Wait a minute, where is dad? I haven't seen him since yesterday night. He probably is still sleeping or probably got over time at work, who knows?

I will ask Mum later.

I went across the hall to the kitchen and made myself breakfast. I opened a cupboard and took out a loaf of bread and put 2 slices in the toaster. Waiting for the bread to pop out, I turn the radio on and listen to some music. After the bread popped out, I spread some butter on it. Yes I know, I'm a typical girl who is having toast for breakfast, but who wouldn't, I mean toast is just scrumptious. Feeling thirsty, I went to the fridge and got out some orange juice but as soon as I opened the fridge the orange juice fell out , bounced from my foot and started rolling towards the cellar door. 'Why can't my mum put things back properly?'

I know Mum said not to go down there but it's just so unsual how she wrote it in red and in bold letters, I mean is she hiding something down there... I bet she's hiding my birthday present down there and she probably wrote in red because my favourite colour is red. Worrying about nothing, this is what happens when you have too much imagination.

But it wasn't biro like the above list of chores, it looked like erm... blood.

It’s probably part of the decorations, for halloween. I look around to see if anything else had this weird ‘decoration’  on it and I noticed something from the corner of my eye. It was a dark patch on the wall, it looked recently new , what is going on ?

Mum is probably scaring me as it is Halloween soon. Yeah that's probably why she did, just for fun, all Mum's do that init!

Or do they?..