Chapter 5: When she didn't come

^Where Leon and Alicia were supposed to meet

Leon put his guitar away. Shutting his notebook, he let out a contented sigh. His song was coming along good. He stretched and glanced at the clock. He jumped. He was supposed to meet Alicia in an hour! His music really makes him forget everything.

He rushed to his closet and glanced at the array of clothes inside. He couldn't decide. What should a guy wear while going to meet his dream girl? Not that it mattered, he reminded himself. Alicia may be his dream girl but he was only meeting her for the project. If it wasn't for biology, Alicia wouldn't even want to go near him, let alone meet him in a café. Then why, he asked himself. Then why did can't he treat this project like an ordinary thing. Why does his heart always start beating furiously whenever he thought of sitting across her in a café, talking for an hour and later working together? Why does this project seem as a start to something big. He honestly had no idea.

He shook his head to get rid of his thoughts and pulled out a navy polo shirt and dark jeans. After taking a shower and getting dressed, he stood in front of the mirror. He examined himself. Green eyes covered with spectacles. Brown hair all over the place. A tall, lanky figure. He gave out a sigh of frustration. No wonder Alicia or any other girl didn't want to be with him.

He ran a brush through his still wet hair and applied some cologne. He made his way to his backpack, filled it with a notebook, some pens and his laptop. Grabbing his cell phone and wallet, he headed out of his room.

"Leo honey, are you going somewhere?" His mother asked from where she was sitting on the sofa, watching television. His dad wasn't back from work yet.

"Yeah mom."He replied." I am meeting someone for discussing an upcoming science project."

"That's nice. And who that someone might be?"

"Uh...Alicia Bell."

His mother looked surprise. "I wasn't aware you and Alicia are friends." She remarked.

Leon shifted his weight from one foot to another while looking down. "Well...we aren't friends really. We just got paired for this project."

His mother nodded her head in approval. "Well that's great. Alicia is a very nice girl. I know her mother, Layla quite well. Nice family. I hope you two become friends."

"Right." Leon replied, "Umm...mom I am getting late. I will be home by dinner."

"Sure hon. have fun."

"Thanks. Bye." With this he walked out of his house. The café wasn't too far away from his place so he needed not to take his car. As he walked he thought about his mother words. It was quite rare for his mom to like someone so much in such a short span of time. Yet she loved Alicia. There was something about her that made everyone love her. That something was what made him fall in love with her at first sight. He thought, a small smile playing on his lips. If only she knew how much he loved her. How much he yearned for her. She never would.

He reached the café and took a seat at a table. He glanced at his watch. It was 4:01pm. He took out his notebook on which he made notes and ordered iced latte. She would be coming anytime now

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Hey Al, want a drink?" Kendall asked. Alicia shook her head, showing her beverage glass. Kendall went to get one for herself. Alicia glanced around. It was a great party. Nora's parents owned a huge house which was great for parties. There was music. Hot guys. Amazing food. And she knew she looked good. She wore a full sleeved blue shirt and a high waist beige mini skirt. She coordinated the dress with stilettos, studs and a gold pendant her parents gave her on her last birthday. She had already received many lustful and envied looks and compliments. And even if you received that every day, you never get used to it.