New Project

Hey guys, I'm helping my friend @outroze out with their new story. Ill post the first chapter here, make sure to check the story out on her page!

Today is the day. Today is the day in which I am to move into my dorm. It is the start to my entire college experience, the beginning of the next four years of my life. Today is the day where I am free to start over and become a new and better version of myself. I purposely picked a small college on the west coast, far from my hometown of Miami. The graduating class is only about fifty people. The best part about this is that there is nobody from my high school, nobody who can get in the way of me becoming a brand new person, except for my best friend-

    "Holy shit this place is so nice!" Dinah exclaims as we enter the two bedroom suite. She immediately runs in and claims the bedroom with the biggest closet. I take some time to look around the surprisingly big space. The entrance of the suite leads into a cozy living space. The bedrooms are down a short hallway to the right, the bathroom is to my left, and there is a nice sized kitchen connected to the living room. The bright stream of sunlight coming through the two small windows in the kitchen is indicative of my mood. After taking a deep breath, I decide to follow Dinah's path down the hallway.

    I peer into the first bedroom to find Dinah sprawled out on the large bed, her curled blonde hair messily strewn. She looks up when she hears me come in, "I could so get used to this place," she says with a big grin.

    "This is home for the next four years, DJ, so that's a good thing," I smile back at her and then leave her room to go take a look at mine. It's nearly the same setup, but the closet is on the opposite side of the room, tucked into a small corner, and there are two large windows instead of one. The sun shines just as brightly as it did in the kitchen. I set my old backpack down on the desk that rests in front of the windows, giving me a perfect view of the basketball court outside. A cloud moves in front of the sun, darkening the day.

    Dinah appears beside me suddenly, "Don't think about her, Mila. You know she goes to that weird east coast school. Today is about starting over. You've dreamed about this day for the past like two years, nothing can stand in your way today."

    I nod in response, wishing it was as simple as Dinah makes it seem. I swallow the lump in my throat that involuntarily forms every time I think about her.

    Dinah wraps her arms around me from behind, picking me up and twirling me around in a tight hug, "Cmon, let's go check out the club fair."

-----

    Dinah walks the long pathway of the club fair like a model. She struts in heels that are probably too high for an occasion such as this and her head is held up high like she's some sort of royalty. Everyone turns to look at her as she and I walk by. I amble beside her somewhat awkwardly, trying to keep up with her long strides without having to break into a jog. I compare her attire; a long, flowy white top and pink high waisted jeans with white heels, to mine; a long sleeved, plain green cotton shirt from target, jeans i've worn since the 9h grade, and navy blue beat up converse to go along with the sad ensemble.

    All of a sudden, Dinah stops and I nearly run into her, "Okay so right there is the  photography club, which you bet your sweet ass I'm about to join."

    "Since when do you like photography?" I ask with a skeptical smile.

    Dinah grins wickedly, "Since never, but I do love having my picture taken. Maybe I'll even find some cute artsy girl to hook up with."

    The thought of hookups makes me uneasy for some reason. I mean, I tried it, once, with a girl I hardly knew, but it was impossible for me to want to have sex with someone I didn't genuinely like. Maybe that's why I'm still a virgin.